• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Per Ayo, the announcement will be made at 7:00pm (presumably CT) this Thursday .

Heard through the grapevine it'll be 7 p.m. Thursday. Just wanted to fill you all in on the 411

So he announces a time soon after BSD accused him of trolling.

The thing that puzzles me the most is that, if this was such a "done deal" to Ill, then why drag this on past the weekend? Hell, why did you even bother with an OV to a campus you've surely been on several times?? Why jerk Danny and Dolph around? And beyond everything else, why not commit sooner than later to help reel in a couple of recruits by "clearing the runway" so to speak for THT, supposedly Nolley, and whoever else (the Grim Threeper 2.0?) to bring the plane down on Illinois soil??

Seems like he's only hurting himself unless he really thinks he's a one and done, and playing along Mark Smith will absolutely seal that truth in stone!

I understand looking at it this way but disagree to an extent. The Ayo recruitment gives our staff more credibility even if we lose in the end. There's more than what's right in front of us when it comes to recruiting high level prospects. Our staff is building other relationships along the way. Also, I'm sure there are a ton of kids who look up to Ayo...Maybe 1 or 2 of them have caught wind of his sincere interest in Wake and even if Ayo doesn't end up at Wake, it can only help us down the road with these other kids.

The more exposure we get being involved with 4 and 5 star players, the more of these guys we'll ultimately get down the road. Danny has already proven that to an extent.

I thought his mom was in our corner? Apparently she's been only tweeting Illinois stuff.

Oh good, now I can resume my normal work mode for the next 36 hours, this is starting to impair my ability to focus.

Doubt we'll get him if it's a "staged" dramatic "hat pick" moment cuz we suck at "hats" so unless he pulls a Zeke and unzips like Cam after a TD, I'll consider this recruitment over.

When is the last time we won a scheduled "hat picking" / staged announcement battle? All of our recent big-time recruits have simply fed it to an insider or announced on twitter right?

Does BSD really have our best interest at heart ? It’s worth asking.

My thing is, who would Ayo be fooling outside of trolling Wake fans with his twitter activity? Illinois fans still believe him to be a lock to them, and the “experts” haven’t been changing crystal balls based on his social media presence. Doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever.

Glad this saga officially has an endpoint. Also relieved to know we can just blame BSD when he picks Illinois. Looks like we are ready for every eventuality now.

If he chooses Illinois, you won't hear from him again until a few years from now when he is selected late first, early 2nd round. Or maybe you'll see his name when they lose in the Big Ten tourney to Rutgers.

Back