• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

And THIS is the most salient point of all!! IlliNOISE has NO identity!! And they are ashamed of their past. They are all noise, no results.

#TallHatNoCattle

YO AYO! Avoid the NOISE!

2626148-untitled.png

Yeah, I'm sure there were no posts talking about how Giles should stay home and go to Wake instead of going to Duke. You're definitely completely right.
Wait a cotton-picking minute! The next thing you're going to tell me that fan bases are generally homers!

They are. I like them. I hope Wake does well (not getting Ayo of course). I crack up almost every time I get on there and read their board.

They like us! They really really like us...now.

Cuz we ain't gettin' Ayo...

Still only 13 CB's for Ayo. If it was leaked, I think you'd see more CB's pouring in for Illinois. Ayo and his family are definitely keeping this thing very close to the vest. Personally, I think he's setting it up to shock the world. You don't shock anyone by picking UI. Vibes baby!

Going all RJK is probably not the best move.

I couldn't tell from your post if you thought the Pekin Chinks was a bad mascot or if they shouldn't have changed it. Just quickly answer the question so we can get back to waiting.

Let me get this straight. IL should be lauded for keeping an offensive nickname because they got rid of an even more offensive mascot THIS CENTURY not fifty years ago or thirty years ago. Got it!

So, in their world if a team was called the Skokie Nazis it would be OK as long as Hitler wasn't their mascot. Got it.

Last edited:
Still only 13 CB's for Ayo. If it was leaked, I think you'd see more CB's pouring in for Illinois. Ayo and his family are definitely keeping this thing very close to the vest. Personally, I think he's setting it up to shock the world. You don't shock anyone by picking UI. Vibes baby!

I know nothing of the amount of CB's. Are there usually more for a recruit at this stage if its a sure thing? I agree though: they are playing it close. All I've picked up on is hearsay and people who "know a guy".

Dude who doesn't like Portillo's?

I went to one in Chicago a few years ago and I've been to the one in Tampa a few times. It's OK. Best Chicago style dog I'm going to get around here but that's about it.

I know nothing of the amount of CB's. Are there usually more for a recruit at this stage if its a sure thing? I agree though: they are playing it close. All I've picked up on is hearsay and people who "know a guy".

Seems like there's usually a flood of CBs right before a commitment. I agree with the prevailing thought that typically the losing staff leaks and our staff knows they're out and haven't leaked it to recruiting analysts yet.

This thread has taken a turn for the stupid.

More vibes, less Tunnels, y’all

Seems like there's usually a flood of CBs right before a commitment. I agree with the prevailing thought that typically the losing staff leaks and our staff knows they're out and haven't leaked it to recruiting analysts yet.

When we lost out on Devoe does anyone remember a leak from our staff prior?

I went to one in Chicago a few years ago and I've been to the one in Tampa a few times. It's OK. Best Chicago style dog I'm going to get around here but that's about it.

the fact that there is one in Tampa is all you need to know

Back