• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The Wake entering freshmen class of basketball players I think should be considered to be only three at this time. After 2 years away from basketball, it is highly unlikely that Jamie Lewis will be able to contribute anything significant. It would be a near miracle if he showed up and was able to play like one would expect a 4* guys to do. I think it even odds that he never plays a minute for Wake.

Adding a fifth player at this point is really only getting it back to four effective. Adding a sixth would make five effective, and probably necessary given the transfers out.

The Wake entering freshmen class of basketball players I think should be considered to be only three at this time. After 2 years away from basketball, it is highly unlikely that Jamie Lewis will be able to contribute anything significant. It would be a near miracle if he showed up and was able to play like one would expect a 4* guys to do. I think it even odds that he never plays a minute for Wake.

Adding a fifth player at this point is really only getting it back to four effective. Adding a sixth would make five effective, and probably necessary given the transfers out.

If Lorng is indicative of the type of player we would be adding then we shouldn’t add anyone else.

Danny knows this isn't hockey right? Is the WF Tony Parker right around the corner to make the passes "connect" to our French Connection front line?

Man Okeke is gonna be pissed!! The French were to have left his country in 1960, now he is surrounded by colonialists. Oh mon dieu!!

If Lorng is indicative of the type of player we would be adding then we shouldn’t add anyone else.

Lorng is definitely in the "project" category. He hasn't played much basketball (only his fourth year playing anywhere). Most of his peers have played at least twice that much, and many three times as much.

What did this dude do at Hargrave this season? Hard to find much info about this guy on the Internet.

What did this dude do at Hargrave this season? Hard to find much info about this guy on the Internet.

Hargrave puts up brief reports on their website after most games. Here's an example mentioning Lorng: "Hargrave was paced by a monster effort by Christian Lorng, who finished with 23 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks and 5 dunks in the game. Jules Moor also filled the stat sheet with an impressive line of 21 points, 10 steals, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Connor Crabtree continued his hot shooting with 19 points by way of 5 three-pointers, with Trey McGowens (18 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds), Tre King (16 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks), DJ Myers (11 points, 5 rebounds) and Rob Peterson (10 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals) rounded out the double-digit scorers for Hargrave. The Tigers have had 7 players score in double-figures in back-to-back games. All 12 players that checked in for Hargrave scored in the memorable contest."

Maybe Lorng is willing to redshirt his first year, like VA does successfully with some of their big guys. Become a diligent student in the Ryan Horn S&C school. Work against Doral, Sarr, Hoard, Sunday in practice. Be a contributor at C after Doral graduates.

ETA: Boris Diaw is one of his favorite NBA players. Maybe he can become a semblance of Boris 2.0.

Last edited:
A replacement for Big Sam but we need help with guards that can handle the rock.

Hargrave puts up brief reports on their website after most games: with Trey McGowens (18 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds), All 12 players that checked in for Hargrave scored in the memorable contest."

So a real strong opponent eh? We need to be recruiting the PG from Hargrave, McGowens, not another project C. I suddenly feel rather "forlorng" about the future of WF basketball.

A replacement for Big Sam but we need help with guards that can handle the rock.

Yeah I actually like the Braswell kid a good amount but we don’t really need his position as much as guard. Hope we can land Akinjo.

If Lewis never shows up I’d be perfectly fine taking a project PG in 2019 to go along with a couple of top 100 players at a position of need.

Huh? PG IS a position of need in 2019.

Apologies to Brandon, but if he's our best PG in 2019, we are in trouble. Jamie Lewis will never play for us I bet (if he does it will probably be 2020 before that knee and ankle are strong enough) and many accounts indicate that Sharone is more of a combo guard who may be better suited at the 3 by the time he's done growing. We need a dynamic PG who is better than Crawford.

Huh? PG IS a position of need in 2019.

Apologies to Brandon, but if he's our best PG in 2019, we are in trouble. Jamie Lewis will never play for us I bet (if he does it will probably be 2020 before that knee and ankle are strong enough) and many accounts indicate that Sharone is more of a combo guard who may be better suited at the 3 by the time he's done growing. We need a dynamic PG who is better than Crawford.

There has been other commentary that Sharone Wright, Jr. is probably a 2/3 with some ball handling skills at the ACC level.

Brandon will be the starting PG at Wake once Crawford leaves. However, he will need a strong backup to play not later than the 2019-2020 season. And then Wake needs a starting PG for the 2020-2021 season. It is unlikely that guy is on the team. He needs to be a recruiting priority.

Wake used to be "point guard U. What happened?

Back