• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

What does this mean? He got the offers. Did he become worse after he signed with us?
You have no idea which of the offers were actually committable, or when in the process they were offered (such as, I dunno, off the top of my head, if they were offered by a panicking staff late in the recruitment season)

The lowest ranked recruit in 2016 had a better composite rank that the three lowest in 2018. Hoard wants to be a 1 and done, if that plays out we are looking at 2016 recruiting class all over again. Take away Hoard and the average rank of the players in our 2018 class is 231. This approach to recruiting doesn't seem like a good formula for long term success.

Washington and Mitchell had few P5 offers. Wright had 10. Lewis was highly rated before his injuries. Lorng is a last minute plug in due to transfers and Moore leaving and had 5 P5 offers. So the bottom 3 of the 2018 class is much better than the 2016 class.

FWIW:
Jamie Lewis - 256
Christian Lorng - 272
Sharone Wright Jr - 294

Dear 247 rankings,

you do continue to show your lack of basketball knowledge and irrational perspective. You describe Hoard as a 5 star player! Mucius as a 4 star in one of the handful of major all star games must now drop out of your top 100! Furthermore, a former Top 100 sticking with us and us with him thru injury that NO ONE knows how he might play and the 6'8" guard son of a major college player as "outside of your top 247 prospects." What a joke of an assessment!
The only waste of time is the fact that any of us give you any modicum of interest. No longer, you can rail against the future players for our team without my witness. Folks, this is not worth the time to read. #ignore247!!!

You have no idea which of the offers were actually committable, or when in the process they were offered (such as, I dunno, off the top of my head, if they were offered by a panicking staff late in the recruitment season)

This is not true. We do have some idea as every offer is dated on recruiting websites along w their other recruits so you can essentially discern everything you say we have no idea.

I too am not concerned about wright based on who else was interested when, who offered, and the timing. For me his floor is likely aaron rountree

This is not true. We do have some idea as every offer is dated on recruiting websites along w their other recruits so you can essentially discern everything you say we have no idea.

I too am not concerned about wright based on who else was interested when, who offered, and the timing. For me his floor is likely aaron rountree

This is fair, but I'm just talking about the value of wfu22fan listing off all of the offering schools-- he was questioning why the ratings didn't match the offer sheet, and a big part of that is that the ratings are likely taking that context into account.

Can't imagine Manning coming into a family's livingroom and telling them with a straight face that their son is going to graduate....

Last edited:
Other than his shooting percentages I don't see anything impressive. Plus he can't play right away he would sit for a year.

I thought he sucked in the Wichita State games I watched this year... In the conference semis against Houston, he shit the bed a few times at the end of the game. Can remember one particularly awful turnover.

But yeah, a 6'5" guard that can stroke it from 3? He'll draw plenty of interest. I doubt we'll be on that list, though.

Other than his shooting percentages I don't see anything impressive. Plus he can't play right away he would sit for a year.

What else do you look at when you evaluate a prospect on paper?
The kid is a 6'5 guard who shoots the ball well. He would sit out with 2 years to play. I realize the odds of Wake being his landing spot are slim to none, but to pretend this wouldn't be at least equivalent to landing a top 150 player in class of '19 is silly IMO.

Can't imagine Manning coming into a family's livingroom and telling them with a straight face that their son is going to graduate....

With one exception I think all the departures have been voluntary on the part of the player. Danny can point to two who left early for multi million dollar contracts.

With one exception I think all the departures have been voluntary on the part of the player. Danny can point to two who left early for multi million dollar contracts.

Not really something a parent wants to hear.

Good player, and assuming his knee is ok he would definitely obviate the need to recruit a SF in 2019.

Sounds promising on the Cheddi Mosely front. Via TheAthletic:

Cheddi Mosely, G, Boston University: Mosely tells The Fieldhouse that he plans to make an official visit to Wake Forest and is also considering visits to St. Bonaventure and Delaware. Mosely, a grad transfer who will be eligible immediately, played only two games this past season because of a knee injury. His last full season was 2015-16, when he averaged 13.3 points per game as a sophomore.

Strong that he is planning on visiting Wake, but still unsure about St. Bonaventure and Delaware. That said, our biggest competition for Mosely is Rhode Island.

Back