• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Do we assume Manning would take both Dixon & Mosely? Or is it one or the other?

I would wager that we would only target one of them and focus the other scholarship on either Sacha Killeya-Jones or a post player grad transfer. Hard to predict what Manning will do with scholarships, though.

Mosely had a decent frosh year from three then two shitty ones and is a bad FT for a guard.

At this point it's painfully obvious that Danny will take whoever he can get in order to fill the roster. Seriously- he's competing with St. Bonaventure and Delaware for players. What a shit show!

At this point it's painfully obvious that Danny will take whoever he can get in order to fill the roster. Seriously- he's competing with St. Bonaventure and Delaware for players. What a shit show!

It's between us and Rhode Island for Mosely. St. Bonaventure and Delaware aren't real players.

Mosely had a decent frosh year from three then two shitty ones and is a bad FT for a guard.

Huh? He's a career 74.3% FT shooter. Not great, but I wouldn't call that "bad". He isn't a slasher and barely gets to the line - only 144 FTA in 72 career games. At two attempts/game, over a 30 game season, the difference between a 74.3% FT shooter and an 80% FT shooter is less than four points over the entire season.

I have some concerns about Mosely, mainly his junior year suspension and his senior year injury, but FT shooting is pretty far down the list.

Last edited:

That is more than a little extreme. Yeah, we are kicking the tires on a lot of guys. I can't fault Manning for making the effort.

I think it is pretty clear that Manning is looking at Nat Dixon as option #1 and Cheddi Mosely as option #2.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/evans-seven-the-top-grad-transfers-available-on-the-market

The competition for Dixon is Memphis, Ole Miss, and Penn State. Those aren't trash, low-major programs. Mosely is going to end up at Rhode Island (who went to the NCAAs this year and had their coach poached by UConn) if he doesn't get a spot at Wake.

Beyond that, yeah, no Moore means we have minutes to offer at the 5... How do you suggest he fills that void? It would have been better if he been able to get a solid 2018 big, but that's not where we are right now.

If we can pull the kid from ODU, we'll be in nice shape at the 5. He can really play. Manning has a pretty solid story to sell him with the KU big men, Collins, and Doral. Even if you don't think Doral has a good shot at the NBA right now, he had a remarkable run of double-doubles that you can't ignore from a development-perspective.

If we can pull the kid from ODU, we'll be in nice shape at the 5. He can really play. Manning has a pretty solid story to sell him with the KU big men, Collins, and Doral. Even if you don't think Doral has a good shot at the NBA right now, he had a remarkable run of double-doubles that you can't ignore from a development-perspective.

Agreed. Trey Porter should be our top target, followed by Dixon, followed by Mosely.

Agreed. Trey Porter should be our top target, followed by Dixon, followed by Mosely.

Trey Porter is, without a doubt, the #1 priority for a grad transfer.

But Dixon/Mosely are addressing a different need.

Meaning: We'd take Porter & Dixon... I don't think we'd take Dixon & Mosely.

I am all in on SKJ (no shit)... Feels like a pipe dream, but would be a huge get.

I should also add that even from a strength perspective, we have a story to sell to Trey Porter. He apparently gained 40 pounds for last season to increase his strength and that corresponded to him being a much better player. Both Doral and Dinos put on a ton of muscle in their time here.

I should also add that even from a strength perspective, we have a story to sell to Trey Porter. He apparently gained 40 pounds for last season to increase his strength and that corresponded to him being a much better player. Both Doral and Dinos put on a ton of muscle in their time here.

What story? Seems like he already did what he would need to do.

Does this negativity pervade your off-board life?

But good point, 21 year old men's bodies are set. None of them can get any stronger.

No. I win a lot more than Wake Forest basketball does. My negatively about something directly correlates with losing. For example, I'm positive about Wake Football because Wake Football is winning.

I'm just curious what story needs to be told. Wake did what he's already done? OK. So what? If anything that hurts the board narrative that Ryan Horn is the only S&C coach who can help basketball players get stronger and better.

No. I win a lot more than Wake Forest basketball does. My negatively about something directly correlates with losing. For example, I'm positive about Wake Football because Wake Football is winning.

I'm just curious what story needs to be told. Wake did what he's already done? OK. So what? If anything that hurts the board narrative that Ryan Horn is the only S&C coach who can help basketball players get stronger and better.

While it is true that there are a lot of very good strength and conditioning coaches across the NCAA basketball landscape, Ryan Horn is very much an asset to the Wake Forest basketball program.

Because Porter clearly buys into that aspect of improving himself as a basketball player, I suspect having an elite S&C coach would improve our chances with him.

I think that is the story.

Of course, it is just one part of the pitch. The more complete pitch would be the opportunity to play significant minutes in the ACC under Danny Manning, who is building a reputation as a very good developer of big men.

Porter has a lot of options... I still think it is unlikely we'll land him.

Back