• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I'm just curious what story needs to be told. Wake did what he's already done? OK. So what? If anything that hurts the board narrative that Ryan Horn is the only S&C coach who can help basketball players get stronger and better.

I'm not sure why you're being so difficult... "We understand the value of the work you've put in, because we've been able to build the bodies of two underdeveloped big men who both ended up going pro. We can continue to hone your body so that you can follow in their path. We have proven the value of a great S&C program to a player's development, and we hope we can build on your success at Wake."

No. I win a lot more than Wake Forest basketball does. My negatively about something directly correlates with losing. For example, I'm positive about Wake Football because Wake Football is winning.

I'm just curious what story needs to be told. Wake did what he's already done? OK. So what? If anything that hurts the board narrative that Ryan Horn is the only S&C coach who can help basketball players get stronger and better.

But do you beat DR?

Ph is gutless, classless and weak

If you tried, the instant you turned around he'd try to bury the hatchet in your back.

Think about this for a minute. He admitted to something like 5000 or 10,000 interactions with RJkarl and to have NEVER been wrong. That's an delusional arrogance of epic proportion.

Think about another issue. He erroneously made statements over and over. Each time his post was proven wrong by the post allegedly was referring to, he said the original post was wrong. HUH?

Equal to these is he calls offensive fouls in pick-up games.

Ph is gutless, classless and weak

If you tried, the instant you turned around he'd try to bury the hatchet in your back.

Think about this for a minute. He admitted to something like 5000 or 10,000 interactions with RJkarl and to have NEVER been wrong. That's an delusional arrogance of epic proportion.

Think about another issue. He erroneously made statements over and over. Each time his post was proven wrong by the post allegedly was referring to, he said the original post was wrong. HUH?

Equal to these is he calls offensive fouls in pick-up games.

Ph - you need to address this.

I was more of a Rodman style pick-up player back in the day. It would not have been beneficial to start calling offensive fouls. I'm not sure why someone would post such a lie.

Lie...you mean like when LK said he drove about 100-120 miles in a torrential downpour with the last five of it winding through the canyon in under 90 minutes?

bubble, according to several people who were at Wake when he was he did.

Exactly where and why would I come with such a thing other than from people who knew him at Wake?

I win a lot more than Wake Forest basketball does.

This almost made me throw up in my mouth a little. I get that you've gone full DR disciple but I didn't realize you were adopting Trump colloquialisms. What's next, a lecture series on Bootstraps and Breeding in the REAL America?

Mosley is not a viable option IMO, it will be Dixon or bust for the guard position (unless of course someone unexpected comes open)

Mosley is not a viable option IMO, it will be Dixon or bust for the guard position (unless of course someone unexpected comes open)

Not viable in terms that he is likely going to Rhode Island, not viable that he is not an ACC-caliber player, or not viable because of his past injury/suspension concerns?

Not viable in terms that he is likely going to Rhode Island, not viable that he is not an ACC-caliber player, or not viable because of his past injury/suspension concerns?

Yes to one of those 3 (not trying to be flip, just not going any further with it)

This almost made me throw up in my mouth a little. I get that you've gone full DR disciple but I didn't realize you were adopting Trump colloquialisms. What's next, a lecture series on Bootstraps and Breeding in the REAL America?

PH is really a closet conservative. I will keep the secret.

I would hope the last 8 years of all of personal lives go better than the last 8 years of Wake basketball.

As to that quote, PH challenged my "knowledge" of him by asking a series of questions (we saw each other's posts at that time) set to stump about him. Among them were things that I remember like what is his real name; what style was his hair; where he sat for football games and a few others.

I was deluged with answers to his questions and other tidbits about him. Among those tidbits were his calling of offensive fouls in pick-up games. This point was offered by more than one person.

He can say what wants about things, but the main points reference are he was never wrong in any position in 5000+ posts on threads in which he and I each participated and how he takes of so many sides of so many issues.

In simple words, it's much easier to trust the people who gave me all that info than PH.

Last edited:
I hope the staff checks out AOT on the Nike tour. Isaac Okoro will be a rank climbing wing in the '19 class for them and they have '20 pg Noah Farrakhan. 2 good recruits to go after. I don't think we've offered Okoro yet, but we should.

Staff watched AOT vs CP3 last night. Key matchup was Okoro vs. Wendell Moore. Okoro finished with 21 pts, 10 rebs, 2 assists, Wendell had 19 points, 3 rebs, 1 assist. Although Wendell's team won, it seems Okoro is the better player. I hope we offer him this weekend.

As to that quote, PH challenged my "knowledge" of him by asking a series of questions (we saw each other's posts at that time) set to stump about him. Among them were things that I remember like what is his real name; what style was his hair; where he sat for football games and a few others.

I was deluged with answers to his questions and other tidbits about him. Among those tidbits were his calling of offensive fouls in pick-up games. This point was offered by more than one person.

He can say what wants about things, but the main points reference are he was never wrong in any position in 5000+ posts on threads in which he and I each participated and how he takes of so many sides of so many issues.

In simple words, it's much easier to trust the people who gave me all that info than PH.

Moving forward, it will be difficult for me to read Ph's posts with this kind of information available to me.

Staff watched AOT vs CP3 last night. Key matchup was Okoro vs. Wendell Moore. Okoro finished with 21 pts, 10 rebs, 2 assists, Wendell had 19 points, 3 rebs, 1 assist. Although Wendell's team won, it seems Okoro is the better player. I hope we offer him this weekend.

Why haven't we offered? He's very well known.

Hopefully the staff goes to the Team Takeover vs. UPlay game at 3:30. 2019 targets Anthony Harris, Justin Moore, and Tyrese Samuel all playing.

Back