• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

^^^ Interesting set of tweets, ending with one from Nat Dixon.

Siena freshman forward who made all MAAC rookie team is seeking to transfer. Prince Oduro, a 6-foot-8, 253-pound native of Toronto, averaged 9.1 points and a team-high 5.1 rebounds.

Maybe he doesn't want to take a chance on Pitino. Siena is holding his release until he provides a list of schools he wishes to contact. They will not release him to another MAAC school. Seems kind of petty on the part of the school. Just give him a release with a list of exceptions - schools they won't release him to.

Would be very impressive (and a little concerning) if Capel made up enough ground to get this kid to commit already.

Accurate.

I'm worried about Capel recruiting to Pitt until it's discovered he facilitated distribution of money (or other benefits) to players while at Duke. I'm very convinced he did. If he gets caught, would the only repercussion be to fire him since Pitt wouldn't have any reason to get in trouble for it?

Coach Jeff Capel said he's in the bag.
taggus.gif

Accurate.

I'm worried about Capel recruiting to Pitt until it's discovered he facilitated distribution of money (or other benefits) to players while at Duke. I'm very convinced he did. If he gets caught, would the only repercussion be to fire him since Pitt wouldn't have any reason to get in trouble for it?
Yes. If he did something sketchy at a previous job, his current school would only get in trouble if he continued it there.

But realistically, Pitt would be screwed even if he did nothing there given they had a hard time getting a coach this time. It wouldn't be any easier the second time in a such short time period.

I know it is petty, but I liked that he announced that he is going to "Pittsburg" and is "COMMITED!"

It's like when we get a recruit and he says he's coming to the University of Wake Forest and I cringe. Except the opposite.

I know it is petty, but I liked that he announced that he is going to "Pittsburg" and is "COMMITED!"

It's like when we get a recruit and he says he's coming to the University of Wake Forest and I cringe. Except the opposite.

He has since corrected the "Pittsburg" gaffe. Good for him.

Jesus... He's reclassifying to 2018, too?

I agree with netflix... We can't compete w/ shenanigans like this.

Looks like a solid pick up for Pittsburgh. 2019 may be another really bad recruiting class just like the 2016 recruiting class.

Back