• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Because they worked their ass off to get there that's why. But you'd be more than happy to take a JUCO that had a 2.1 for a win fuck off cunt.

Whats the difference between that and taking Hoard, who openly states he has no desire to stay at Wake for longer than a year. Implying he will take classes only for one semester. JuCo kids are likely to stay around and go for a degree,and better their lives through the academic opportunities that wake provides.

https://twitter.com/zekemucius/status/989283758254813184?s=21

Highlights from the iverson classic. Again, I really really like Mucius and am genuinely shocked he isn’t ranked higher than he is. Going to be a good one for us for sure.

Brick Oettinger, with the ACC Sports Journal, just came out with his top 85. He has Mucius at 54.

I've always trusted his rankings more than others because he has been doing this for over 30 years and has a particular interest in ACC recruits. He does have Hoard a little lower than some, at 44.

Brick Oettinger, with the ACC Sports Journal, just came out with his top 85. He has Mucius at 54.

I've always trusted his rankings more than others because he has been doing this for over 30 years and has a particular interest in ACC recruits. He does have Hoard a little lower than some, at 44.

Well, clearly he is right about Mucius and wrong about Hoard.

Can't get them all right, Brick!

Where does he have Christian Lorng?

Brick and others may be having trouble with Hoard playing both the 3 and 4 positions. He is still pretty thin and light to be really able to do the "power" part of power forward.

Lorng is a huge reach on a guy who hasn't played much basketball but is tall and supposedly a good athlete.

Dinos has morphed into almost a mythical creature in some corners of this board - a Greek God, if you will

the guy averaged 9 points and 5 rebounds in 24 mpg

We have 2 and 1/2 guys who have the chance to be better than the guy guarding them during the majority of our ACC games- Crawford, Hoard, and (maybe) Brown. That's not will be better (like the 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2009 teams), have a chance to be. Which is why we are going to suck.

This is why those folks who brag about the recruiting prowess of Coach Manning look really dumb.

Dinos has morphed into almost a mythical creature in some corners of this board - a Greek God, if you will

the guy averaged 9 points and 5 rebounds in 24 mpg

He also was 33% on threes with a pretty higj number taken. Kept a lot of double teams off Collins. Good FT shooter so he was another big who could play end game.

We have 2 and 1/2 guys who have the chance to be better than the guy guarding them during the majority of our ACC games- Crawford, Hoard, and (maybe) Brown. That's not will be better (like the 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2009 teams), have a chance to be. Which is why we are going to suck.

This is why those folks who brag about the recruiting prowess of Coach Manning look really dumb.

Well, to be fair, recruiting them while in high school hasn't been the primary problem. It's recruiting them to stay once they are here that is killing us.

He also was 33% on threes with a pretty higj number taken. Kept a lot of double teams off Collins. Good FT shooter so he was another big who could play end game.

he didn't keep double teams off Collins

he shot 27% on threes last year in the 21 games vs. the ACC and NCAAT

in those 21 games he averaged 24 mpg, 7.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg

he played 30 minutes or more twice

In other words, Dinos was a shit ton better than Terrence Thompson (or, more specifically, the Thompson/Sarr production at the 4).

He didn't have to be a Greek God... Just able to play the 4 in the ACC. Would have been nice to have last year.

You can debate how much having Dinos would have helped (obviously), but I don't think you can just dismiss the impact of loss as if it didn't matter at all.

He was considered by every opponent. They had to pay attention to him. The opposition absolutely had to plan and cover him dramatically more than TT. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

Random fact: Torry Johnson went to the same high school as our boy Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park).

And, holy shit, Northern Arizona was terrible last year (5-27, #327KP).

He'd provide some depth at guard, but I'd much prefer Nat Dixon.

He was considered by every opponent. They had to pay attention to him. The opposition absolutely had to plan and cover him dramatically more than TT. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

show me where anyone, especially me, compared him to TT

We took a grad transfer from NAU in football. A DT if I remember correctly. He barely played.

You have been talking about the team not being much improved by having Dinos. TT took his place.

Haha, yeah. He only listed the top 85, so no Lorng. Interestingly, he did have mystery man Jamie Lewis ranked #80!

yes, that is what I am doing

who's doing that?

OK, so I guess we kind of agree. Not having Dinos hurt the team last year. Does he make us an NCAA team? No. Are we better than 11-20? Probably.

I'm not trying to defend Manning. I'm trying to defend my boy Dinos.

tenor.gif

Back