• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

It's well known that the academic powers that be a Wake Forest try to do everything in their power to make it as hard as possible for the athletic teams to be successful.

The JuCo requirements hit more than just athletics. They keep otherwise good students out of Wake. Some can't afford four years of Wake but can squeeze out two years of Wake tuition. Counter to the goal of more underprivileged students.

Last edited:
The JuCo requirements hit more than just athletics. They leep otherwise good students out of Wake. Some can't afford four years of Wake but can squeeze out two years of Wake tuition. Counter to the goal of more underprivileged students.

Yep. Makes MDMH’s accomplishments that much more impressive.

Hold up ... Mucius is a bagboy too? We just need a roster full of bagboys. More bagboys=Final 4
2agoqp4.png

Plus, 2019 #1 PG Cole Anthony is in a different bag, we need to get 1 of those bags from bagboy Nino
2hsadsz.png

Better hope Bryant stays as it doesn't seem like the cavalry is coming.

Hope Crawford returns too....but, I'm curious about why we're all so interested in him. We've seen him for 3 years. He really isn't the kind of player who has lead us to great success under Manning ( Collins and Dinos were far more impactful). Do we expect him to morph into something we don't know about already? Or is it that we feel some comfort in having a senior? He didn't really show the "leadership" quality we lacked last year. His most consistent performance quality is free throw shooting ( which is the best we've had in a long time and deserves our praise). I believe in the building process and I believe in experience. But I guess I'm wondering whether next year's team will be impacted greatly whether he is or isn't here. We are going to be much different whether he's here or not I think, and it's the unknown we are all most worried about.

I think what excites me most about Mucius is that we’ve never really had a player like him. He’s the type of player I see on other teams and get insanely jealous about.

Hope Crawford returns too....but, I'm curious about why we're all so interested in him. We've seen him for 3 years. He really isn't the kind of player who has lead us to great success under Manning ( Collins and Dinos were far more impactful). Do we expect him to morph into something we don't know about already? Or is it that we feel some comfort in having a senior? He didn't really show the "leadership" quality we lacked last year. His most consistent performance quality is free throw shooting ( which is the best we've had in a long time and deserves our praise). I believe in the building process and I believe in experience. But I guess I'm wondering whether next year's team will be impacted greatly whether he is or isn't here. We are going to be much different whether he's here or not I think, and it's the unknown we are all most worried about.
incredulous.gif

I love Dinos as much as the next guy, but Craw is a better player.

I’m just going to assume he meant that we got to an NCAA w/ Collins and Dinos, but not without them.

There was a time a few months ago when I was thinking losing Craw could be addition by subtraction... And then we lost Woods and Moore. We need Craw in order to compete next season.

Confirmed for what? HS season is over. AAU hasn’t begun.

If Crawford returns, we will have the most athletic team we have had in a very long time. We may not win; but we should be able to stay in front of guys on the defensive end at least.

The JuCo requirements hit more than just athletics. They keep otherwise good students out of Wake. Some can't afford four years of Wake but can squeeze out two years of Wake tuition. Counter to the goal of more underprivileged students.

The first 2 years at WFU are tough. Why should some kid take English Comp, Bio, foreign language, etc at a community college and get the same degree as someone who has busted it for 4 years at MSD?

Because they worked their ass off to get there that's why. But you'd be more than happy to take a JUCO that had a 2.1 for a win fuck off cunt.

Back in the day, Wake did accept credits from JuCos as applying toward the Wake degree. The JuCo transfers were generally smart and fit in academically at Wake. Tje few who had to retake a course at Wake that they had taken in JuCo reported that the Wake course wasn't much tougher. #Anecdotal. #small sample size.

Back