• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Torry and Ikenna both being called good locker room guys. Makes me wonder, if this is what we are prioritizing, just how toxic the locker room was last year.

Torry and Ikenna both being called good locker room guys. Makes me wonder, if this is what we are prioritizing, just how toxic the locker room was last year.

I think that's something people say about guys whose contributions won't be obvious on the court. Remember that was the word about Keyshawn during his transfer redshirt season.

I think that's something people say about guys whose contributions won't be obvious on the court. Remember that was the word about Keyshawn during his transfer redshirt season.

It's like when you ask a female if another female is hot and she responds "She's nice". Translation: not hot.

It's like when you ask a female if another female is hot and she responds "She's nice". Translation: not hot.

Or translation: “she’s insanely hot and I feel uncomfortable admitting that to a guy”.

Asking a female if another female is hot is the surest way to never be told the truth. If the girl in question is ugly - they are going to sugarcoat it because they pity the ugly duckling. If the girl actual is a smoke show they are going to downplay it due to competitive instincts. Either way that question is not going to be answered honestly.

I mean, it's also what they say about guys who actually are good in the locker room.

If they’re any good, it’s not one of the first things they say.

We are in trouble if he starts because that means Mucius isn’t ready or Manning doesn’t realize Mucius is ready.

That said, he will probably start.

I think Torry is an actual player with some upside.

I think Ikenna is just around because he’s a good dude that can give us 10 minutes where we really need it.

I don’t think it says anything if Johnson starts over Mucius... Manning wants to win basketball games. I would just take that to mean Johnson is more ready... and he probably is given his experience.

Regardless, they’ll both get minutes.

Mucius is ranked in the range where he’s probably going to be important this year, but like 15-20 mpg important, not 25-30 mpg. If he’s playing 25-30, that means he’s a stud.

See my earlier posts here and on the ACC thread about frosh impact.

Also, good write up from Les... Glad he was here to comment, because I was about to post what he did.

We are in trouble if he starts because that means Mucius isn’t ready or Manning doesn’t realize Mucius is ready.

That said, he will probably start.

Or maybe he starts because he has 2 years of college ball experience and Mucius comes off the bench and they play comparable minutes as they both play well.

Might as well post here. Just killing time at daughter’s swim lesson:

Players in Mucius range:

#63 - Ike Obiagu (FSU) - 10.7 mpg / 2.3/2.6/0.1 - TRANSFER
#64 - Chris Lykes (Miami) - 21.6 mpg / 9.6/1.2/2.3
#68 - Alex O'Connell (Duke) - 10.5 mpg / 3.3/1.4/0.5
#70 - Wabissa Bede (VT) - 8.3 mpg / 2.5/0.9/0.8
#72 - Darius Perry (Louisville) - 14.3 mpg /3.9/1.2/1.5
#82 - Jordan Tucker (Duke) - 7.0 mpg / 3.0/0.5/0.0
#88 - Jordan Nwora (Louisville) - 12.0 mpg / 5.7/2.2/0.4
#99 - Lavar Batts (NCSU) - 13.2 mpg / 3.7/1.2/1.5

And from 2 years ago:

(Frosh year, then Soph year)

#55 - Omer Yurtseven (NCSU) - TRANSFER
18.9 - 5.9/4.4/1.2
23.8 - 13.5/6.7/0.5

#57 - Jay Huff (UVA)
Redshirt
8.8 - 3.4/1.9/0.3

#58 - Markell Johnson (NCSU)
20.4 - 4.0/1.6/2.3
29.1 - 8.9/3.4/7.3

#60 - Brandon Robinson (UNC)
7.8 - 1.9/1.2/0.8
8.6 - 1.7/1.4/0.6

#66 - Matthew Moyer (Syracuse) - TRANSFER
Redshirt
16.8 - 3.2/3.4/0.5

#70 - Trent Forrest (FSU)
15.4 - 4.9/2.7/1.6
25.6 - 7.8/4.9/4.1

#88 - TJ Gibbs (ND)
15.0 - 4.7/1.5/1.7
37.4 - 15.3/2.8/3.0

#91 - De'Andre Hunter (UVA)
Redshirt
19.9 - 9.2/3.5/1.1

Also, Johnson and Mucius are replacing Woods and Wilbekin minutes. Plenty to go around.

*Assumes Lewis/Wright give us nothing.

I’m not sure what to think about Wright at this point. There is very limited tape out there, but from what I have seen he had the athleticism to play at this level and his shot looked playable. I don’t think he contributes much early, but I am fascinated to see his career develop. Think he could be a good one later on as he fills out his wiry frame. Even if he doesn’t grow he is a solid 6’4” with long arms and his dad was no cupcake. Jr. Should be able to bulk up a good bit if he puts in the work.

Just checking in. This thread remains one of the more depressing on the boards.

Anybody worth watching?

Last night's game had Wendell Moore. He scored a lot but was also cherry picking so it wasn't super impressive, finished with 24 points. This morning was Jalen Lecque going up against Anthony Harris. Lecque had 17 points, 11 assists, 5 rebounds and stuffed the box more than Harris. That being said, Harris' team is 9-0 and won that game as well, and Harris is a pass-first point guard that plays defense, a rarity in the EYBL. Harris' teammate Justin Moore has been doing all the scoring since he committed to Villanova, averaging nearly 20ppg this weekend. Wendell Moore will be on again tomorrow at 8:00am EST. Last night Tre Mitchell led his team to victory with a 19 rebound performance and 10 points. The upcoming game is AOT vs Boo Williams. Boo Williams features a lot of Virginia hs players, but no targets for Wake. AOT is mainly players from Georgia, featuring star SF Isaac Okoro (why we haven't offered yet, idk).

Back