• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The only thing dumb is people who sit by and are complacent as the basketball program gets burned to the ground. If we have four years of proof that Manning can’t coach, sitting around thinking that maybe in year five he puts it together is insanity. I hate to go all DR, but you and a fan base of people like you is why our basketball program will spend at least a decade in the gutter. There is no other fanbase in the ACC that would stand for what has happened to our basketball program so in that sense we deserve what we have received.

lol such a Catamount post.

tenor.gif

I thought that site was gone forever - thanks for the link

one of my favorite nuggets from that site is here:

Technicals: Coach Smith (UNC); Thomas (WF - refusing to
step on Warren Martin's face)

Love it. Even my friend who is a Carolina fan admits it was a horrible call (he won't go that far when I mention the pass hitting the scoreboard call).

Lorng's twitter shows he had offers a year ago from Creighton, Tennessee, and Houston. Did his recruitment slow down? Those are good offers.

Maybe they though he would grow to 8 feet and backed off when he didn't.

Didn't someone say Lorng wouldn't be immediately eligible due the great NCAA negating some of his courses?

I doubt we have much of a chance with this kid. Following the Ayo recruitment opened my eyes to Chicago recruiting. There are feeder programs and relationships. I'd be surprised if we're in the running. And that's not a knock on the staff. It's seems like kind of a shady scene. But this dude is way better than Ayo.

I obviously have no clue to our likelihood, but you are right about the comparison to Ayo. Like his movement and skill level much better. It is easy to envision Miller coming right into a program and making an impact. Would love to have him in Black and Gold.

I obviously have no clue to our likelihood, but you are right about the comparison to Ayo. Like his movement and skill level much better. It is easy to envision Miller coming right into a program and making an impact. Would love to have him in Black and Gold.

Back during our Ayo flirtation, I had watched some vids that had both of them in it. You could tell Miller was going to be a beast.

"When the now 2018 – and one-time 2017 – 6-10 center from Maumelle, AR was originally being recruited, most saw him as a mid-major Division I prospect. But because he didn’t qualify until December 2017, that gave him time to work on his game, develop that presence in the block and for P5 schools to move in.

Back