• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Last edited:
K^2 telling Wendell Moore that NC State might be punished, but not the basketball team.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article211656884.html#storylink=indep

Yeah and some stock brokers were still pushing Enron as a solid investment right before the shit hit the fan. Somebody relatable needs to tell these kids to stay away from salesmen like this, who know their sky is falling but still go out looking for the next sucker that will believe in them.

Good luck using UNC's argument that the illegal benefits were for both athletes and regular students. FBI shows State specifically paid athletes, has nothing to do with fake classes like UNC. Plus the optics of spending all this money on an FBI investigation require that somebody get in trouble for these findings. You're F'd.

It'll be interesting to see how much access the NCAA gets to the FBI evidence. If the FBI says "have at it", then I would think that will be some of the best evidence the NCAA has ever had, and they will really be able to nail the offenders. If the FBI says "do your own investigation", then the NCAA could be swimming upstream. If it is the former, it will also be interesting to see if the NCAA can get their process going right away, or if they will have to wait a while.

Good luck using UNC's argument that the illegal benefits were for both athletes and regular students. FBI shows State specifically paid athletes, has nothing to do with fake classes like UNC. Plus the optics of spending all this money on an FBI investigation require that somebody get in trouble for these findings. You're F'd.

If you think that Yow is going to attempt to handle any allegations against NCSU in the same manner that the slime at UNC did I don't know what to tell you. She's already been open with everyone and has done a great job leading the program. Unlike the UNC mess, NCSU seems to actually have some "rogue" element to it. Did Gott or an assistant do something sketchy? Yea probably looks like it. But Yow and the AD did everything right and i'd be shocked if NCSU gets anything close to a LOIC stuff that UNC was alleged. That's the type of thing that really kills a program IMO. Forfit some wins, lose a scholarship or two for a season or two is certainly on the table and if we did what is alleged, then yea, we deserve that. But I personally don't see that as a huge penalty and shouldn't stop Keatts from continuing to roll.

It'll be interesting to see how much access the NCAA gets to the FBI evidence. If the FBI says "have at it", then I would think that will be some of the best evidence the NCAA has ever had, and they will really be able to nail the offenders. If the FBI says "do your own investigation", then the NCAA could be swimming upstream. If it is the former, it will also be interesting to see if the NCAA can get their process going right away, or if they will have to wait a while.

If anyone thinks the NCAA is going to try and touch any school the FBI has implicated in the next 5 years I think they will be mistaken. Seems like this FBI investigation is going to drag on forever and the NCAA doesn't look to have any interest in getting involved til the FBI has done whatever they feel like doing.

If you think that Yow is going to attempt to handle any allegations against NCSU in the same manner that the slime at UNC did I don't know what to tell you. She's already been open with everyone and has done a great job leading the program. Unlike the UNC mess, NCSU seems to actually have some "rogue" element to it. Did Gott or an assistant do something sketchy? Yea probably looks like it. But Yow and the AD did everything right and i'd be shocked if NCSU gets anything close to a LOIC stuff that UNC was alleged. That's the type of thing that really kills a program IMO. Forfit some wins, lose a scholarship or two for a season or two is certainly on the table and if we did what is alleged, then yea, we deserve that. But I personally don't see that as a huge penalty and shouldn't stop Keatts from continuing to roll.

I think you forfeit wins and lose 3 scholarships a year for 4 years. The scholarships will hurt more than you think.

I think you forfeit wins and lose 3 scholarships a year for 4 years. The scholarships will hurt more than you think.

If it's 3 scholarships for 4 years then yea that will hurt for sure. I'm guessing it's more like 1 or 2 scholarships for 2 years. Will be interesting to see how the schools associated with the FBI probe fair with the NCAA. Could be that literally nothing happens or they get hammered or somewhere in between.

If anyone thinks the NCAA is going to try and touch any school the FBI has implicated in the next 5 years I think they will be mistaken. Seems like this FBI investigation is going to drag on forever and the NCAA doesn't look to have any interest in getting involved til the FBI has done whatever they feel like doing.

The FBI thing deals with people, not really schools. The NCAA will deal with the schools. No way they wait 5 plus years. Normally they have to do their own investigation, and it's normally done with one arm tied behind their back. In this case the Feds have done all that leg work for them.

guys it is a joke

In fairness, that is a pretty old and obscure inside joke.

Not sure what it says about some of us that we remember it after ~12 years.

Long and storied history of recruiting disappointments.

That joke was mostly for one poster and he got it right away. The rest was just a bonus.

Looks like best case scenario for 2019 would be Anthony Harris, Wendell Moore, Omar Payne. We've fallen off with other top targets. DM has to lock in on those 3 guys and try to seal the deal. Moore probably the hardest since Duke and UNC are involved, but we've done a good job recruiting throughout his HS career. If Hoard starts off well that could help us.

Looks like best case scenario for 2019 would be Anthony Harris, Wendell Moore, Omar Payne. We've fallen off with other top targets. DM has to lock in on those 3 guys and try to seal the deal. Moore probably the hardest since Duke and UNC are involved, but we've done a good job recruiting throughout his HS career. If Hoard starts off well that could help us.

Isn't signing day for the 2019 entering class in early November, before any real games of the 2018-2019 season are played? So Hoard will not have started at all before final decisions from the 2019 freshmen to be.

those three are very very very unlikely at this point

those three are very very very unlikely at this point

Anyone is unlikely given we have a lame duck coach coming off a second 20 loss season. Yet, some can still be sold on the tradition of Wake basketball and the ability to develop here. The good news with Harris and Moore is we are top 4 for both of them and have been recruiting them for a long time. Payne is friendly with Chaundee so if he has a breakout season combined with DM's ability to develop PFs there is a shot there too. Not like I expect it to happen, hence the phrasing "best case scenario" for the crowd that still has hope.

Back