• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Bey obviously not scared to finish last in the ACC with his visit selections. Good for him for taking a different kind of approach.

Doesnt Wake vet academic eligibility before offering scholarships?

Not when you're in scramble mode to have a complete roster apparently.

Because Lorng didn't sign an LOI, he cannot be officially included in any Wake basketball official stuff until he actually enrolls at Wake. That can't officially happen until the start of summer school. Summer session I started Wednesday. If as reported, (see post 5988) Lorng is in France for the French U20 basketball team tryouts, he wasn't at Wake then. The Euro U20 Tournament is held in the second half of July, so he won't be attending second summer session. So Lorng will be a best a question mark until beginning of fall semester. The "academic issues" may simply be him not present in the US, while he is with the French U20 team. But, with no information from anyone, who really knows.

The Wake staff has it's hands tied by NCAA rules. Lorng is still a "recruitable athlete" by NCAA rules even though he gave a verbal commitment to Wake. The Wake staff can't say anything about his status.

Would be nice to find a list of Hargrave graduates and see if he was on it this spring.

Because Lorng didn't sign an LOI, he cannot be officially included in any Wake basketball official stuff until he actually enrolls at Wake. That can't officially happen until the start of summer school. Summer session I started Wednesday. If as reported, (see post 5988) Lorng is in France for the French U20 basketball team tryouts, he wasn't at Wake then. The Euro U20 Tournament is held in the second half of July, so he won't be attending second summer session. So Lorng will be a best a question mark until beginning of fall semester. The "academic issues" may simply be him not present in the US, while he is with the French U20 team. But, with no information from anyone, who really knows.

The Wake staff has it's hands tied by NCAA rules. Lorng is still a "recruitable athlete" by NCAA rules even though he gave a verbal commitment to Wake. The Wake staff can't say anything about his status.

Would be nice to find a list of Hargrave graduates and see if he was on it this spring.

He does appear on the Hargrave website of 2018 graduates' college selections https://www.hargrave.edu/academics/college-selections-2018

He does appear on the Hargrave website of 2018 graduates' college selections https://www.hargrave.edu/academics/college-selections-2018

That is a good find. And hopeful for Wake. I would not expect Hargrave to list him as a 2018 graduate if he didn't meet their requirements for graduation. The displayed college choice is Wake Forest. It would have been nice if he had signed his LOI in the last month of HS, before heading to France for the U20 tryouts.

May not know much more until August, unless there are tweets from Lorng or someone close to him.

With regard to Lorng, why does anyone care if he comes here or not? He is an unranked recruit who is unlikely to be a factor in any ACC wins. Lathon would've been a nice pickup pre-Lewis signing since we were recruiting them both at the time, but now its PG overload. Wait that makes sense ... Danny needs more PGs so he can play 4 at a time in ACC games.

With regard to Lorng, why does anyone care if he comes here or not? He is an unranked recruit who is unlikely to be a factor in any ACC wins. Lathon would've been a nice pickup pre-Lewis signing since we were recruiting them both at the time, but now its PG overload. Wait that makes sense ... Danny needs more PGs so he can play 4 at a time in ACC games.

Lorng was regarded as a big man project. The fact that he is invited to France U20 tryouts says he has some BB skills. There were only 16 players invited to the tryouts. In case you hadn't noticed, Wake just lost a guy who was over 7 feet tall and another guy who was listed as 6-9.

If Lorng makes the French team he will get some international BB playing experience. He may be a sleeper. The very tiny rural school in KY where he did most of his HS career wasn't really a showcase for BB talent.

Consensus top-40 2019 PF/C target Aiden Igiehon is looking to cut his list to 8 soon. Igiehon said he was planning unofficial visits to Stanford, Louisville, Oregon, and Wake Forest this summer. He talked about the schools recruiting him the hardest:

Louisville: “I like their coaching staff. Chris Mack has been recruiting me since he was at Xavier. He brought a mediocre team to become a top team in the country, so if he could do that at Xavier, just imagine what he can do in the ACC.”
Stanford: “They have the best of both worlds. You get to play at a school in the Pac-12 and a school that has really high academics. You’re talking about one of the best academic schools in the world. So, for a kid like me, who is big into academics, that’s a big deal.
Wake Forest: “They’ve been recruiting me hard. They came to some of my games during the school season, so that was pretty good. Coach Danny Manning and coach Jamill Jones have been trying to get me to come over there.
Oregon: “Oregon has been there for a while now. I like them as a school and their style of play. They play a great up and down style. Coach Dana Altman is a great guy.”

“Basically, it comes down to my relationship with the coach and how I fit in with their system,” he said. “I’m also looking at if they’ll allow me to be versatile and show my offense and defensive game. Basically, it’s about how I fit in their system.”

... Of all the schools he sounds least interested in what DM has to offer. Can't wait to see what a shitshow 2019 recruiting is.

Hurts to see such bland comments about Wake along with those glowing comments about Stanford academics.

Pitt got a commit from a 2019 4* SF who plans to reclassify to 2018.
https://247sports.com/Player/AuDiese-Toney-46049653

I understand that Pitt needs bodies, but I think Capel is really reaching to bring in these 100ish players a year early.

Probably not good for the players and I suspect the team will still suck.

It’s not like Duke where you are getting top talent to reclassify.

Hurts to see such bland comments about Wake along with those glowing comments about Stanford academics.

Stanford academics> Wake academics. Can't say that I'd blame him to play on the left coast there.

I understand that Pitt needs bodies, but I think Capel is really reaching to bring in these 100ish players a year early.

Probably not good for the players and I suspect the team will still suck.

It’s not like Duke where you are getting top talent to reclassify.

It will be interesting to see how Capel does at Pitt.

Capel was 43-57 with a 15-33 B12 record at OU without Blake.

Capel was 43-57 with a 15-33 B12 record at OU without Blake.

Duke also looked lost whenever he took head spot in k's absence in the last few years. was hoping he got the gig after k because i liked what i saw so much but oh well

Duke also looked lost whenever he took head spot in k's absence in the last few years. was hoping he got the gig after k because i liked what i saw so much but oh well

Still was able to beat Manning and the boys.

They had 8 Burger Boys and something like 5 NBA 1st Rounders vs. our talent. If he didn't beat us, he shouldn't be in coaching at all.
So, you're saying that a coach shouldn't consistently lose to teams with less talent? Got it.

They had 8 Burger Boys and something like 5 NBA 1st Rounders vs. our talent. If he didn't beat us, he shouldn't be in coaching at all.

Still beat Manning and the boys. And will be at Pitt real soon.

Back