• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Wake Forest: “I know their campus is like 15 minutes from my house but it’s their coaches. I really like their coaches and the way Danny Manning runs things. Especially during practice, it’s very intense.”

Q: What do you like about Wake Forest?

A: “I’ve visited them a lot and I’m close with one of the assistant coaches Jamill Jones. We talk almost every day on how much the staff likes me and how I can make an impact there.”

Q: What do you like about Wake Forest?

A: “I’ve visited them a lot and I’m close with one of the assistant coaches Jamill Jones. We talk almost every day on how much the staff likes me and how I can make an impact there.”

Would be nice to get something tangible out of Jones. I could be wrong, but I don’t think he’s played a significant part in landing any of our higher rated players to date.

As long as we are going the way of Team France annex version:

The MVP of the group was probably 16-year old French point guard Theo Maledon, who is simply oozing with talent. Maledon is somewhat of a known commodity, already having a Jordan Brand Classic appearance and a Under-16 European Championship on his résumé. Nevertheless, he showed significant improvement both physically and skill-wise since first playing in Treviso two years ago, having grown to 6-5 with a terrific frame, big hands, a plus wingspan and smooth athleticism that allowed him to get to wherever he wanted on the court. Maledon plays at different speeds impressively, getting to the rim consistently with outstanding footwork, body control and touch around the basket. He does a great job of blending scoring and playmaking, being highly unselfish and intelligent passing ahead in the open court, using bounce passes off the pick-and-roll creatively and seeing over the top of the defense with his excellent size. His shooting has made major progress in the past year, as he knocked down a number of pull-up and spot-up jumpers in the three games he played, even if his stroke is somewhat deliberate and could still use some fine-tuning. Maledon is coming out of his shell as he matures and his body fills out. He's still a little on the quiet side and could stand to ramp up his aggressiveness a bit, particularly in terms of seeking out contact inside the paint, but it was impressive to see the strides he has made. He has clear-cut first-round potential.

French wing Malcolm Cazalon had some equally impressive moments at times. At 6-7 with a near 7-foot wingspan, a terrific frame and impressive athleticism, he's a prototype for what the NBA is looking for at his position, and he already has some budding skills to match as well. He showed the ability to knock down jumpers with his feet set and off the dribble, can create his own shot smoothly out of pick-and-rolls with outstanding body control, has soft touch on his floaters and can find the open man. He can also sit down in a stance and move his feet, switching onto guards and wings alike. Despite having all the tools you look for, Cazalon is still figuring out how to put it all together consistently, as his approach to the game can leave something to be desired. He tends to shy away from contact, loses his focus easily and he's extremely introverted on the court, not showing much of a personality and seemingly not quite realizing just how talented he is. The son of a French national team player, Cazalon is so young still that he has plenty of time to figure things out, and his progress will be closely monitored by NBA teams.

French wing Malcolm Cazalon had some equally impressive moments at times. At 6-7 with a near 7-foot wingspan, a terrific frame and impressive athleticism, he's a prototype for what the NBA is looking for at his position, and he already has some budding skills to match as well. He showed the ability to knock down jumpers with his feet set and off the dribble, can create his own shot smoothly out of pick-and-rolls with outstanding body control, has soft touch on his floaters and can find the open man. He can also sit down in a stance and move his feet, switching onto guards and wings alike. Despite having all the tools you look for, Cazalon is still figuring out how to put it all together consistently, as his approach to the game can leave something to be desired. He tends to shy away from contact, loses his focus easily and he's extremely introverted on the court, not showing much of a personality and seemingly not quite realizing just how talented he is. The son of a French national team player, Cazalon is so young still that he has plenty of time to figure things out, and his progress will be closely monitored by NBA teams.

Bring 'em on. Moar French National Team 5* guys.

Hopefully we can pull the kid from right down the street at Walkertown instead of letting him get away to a school like VT.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

Former Charlotte G Andrien White transferring to Wake. Will be eligible 2019-20 season

Former Charlotte G Andrien White transferring to Wake. Will be eligible 2019-20 season

God we suck. Taking a sit 1 to play 1 combo guard, instead of recruiting the shit out of Anthony Harris? Put all the chips in on Harris and stop wasting scholarships on guys that won't impact the program. We don't need 4 point guards on scholarship.

God we suck. Taking a sit 1 to play 1 combo guard, instead of recruiting the shit out of Anthony Harris? Put all the chips in on Harris and stop wasting scholarships on guys that won't impact the program. We don't need 4 point guards on scholarship.
Did this come out of left field or had this been discussed as a possibility and I missed it?

The thing I’m pretty puzzled by is that our staff must not think too highly of Lewis/think he needs a lot of time to get fully healthy before he can contribute. Seems odd but who knows.

Probably covering themselves for more early exits after next season.

i don't know what i think of this

feels like we've got a long list of mediocre to below average guards in our future

we still have another ship to use for 2018-19 assuming no lorng, yes?

Should have another ship for this season.

Andrien looks like a good get. He will be 23 playing for us next season. Proven scorer, decent reboubder and an old dude in the locker room is a good thing. He’s had a lot of 20 point games in his career which shows he can put it in the basket.

Back