• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Buckle up. Manning is not going anywhere.

Generally, I'd agree. However, we went 11-20 last year and 4-14 in conference. I think we'll be worse this year. There's no way Manning won't be let go if we have a repeat of last year (or worse) with the attrition that we had from players that were eligible to return...

The problem is that it will be a total reboot yet again. Third time in less than 10 years...pretty depressing when you think about it.

Generally, I'd agree. However, we went 11-20 last year and 4-14 in conference. I think we'll be worse this year. There's no way Manning won't be let go if we have a repeat of last year (or worse) with the attrition that we had from players that were eligible to return...

The problem is that it will be a total reboot yet again. Third time in less than 10 years...pretty depressing when you think about it.

we won't be worse than 4-14, 11-20

it's really hard to be that bad; if a team has some talent (and WF will, assuming Hoard and Brown are healthy) and plays together (TBD, but we can't be worse than last year, and I believe Childress will try to take on the mantle of team leader) then it should win most of its home league games and almost all of its non-league home games

it's really hard to be that bad; if a team has some talent (and WF will, assuming Hoard and Brown are healthy) and plays together (TBD, but we can't be worse than last year, and I believe Childress will try to take on the mantle of team leader) then it should win most of its home league games and almost all of its non-league home games

I agree. Think we’ll be better than most seem to think. Our starting five is good. I don’t know where I think we’ll end up in the standings, however.

Agree. We probably win 6-7 conference games next year. With Childress as our leader we will play hard and be fun to watch. However , we can't shoot, and that will preclude a better season. With the team showing moderate improvement, and definitely better defensively, Manning will earn another year. Then with Hoard likely leaving , and a marginal 2019 recruiting class, Manning is fired in March 2020, and the rebuild starts again.

To me rock bottom is wallowing in this purgatory of having some really crappy years and the occasional decent one that ronnie can point to and pretend this are ok because of some made up (following a self inflicted) reasoning (too you, early departures etc).

This is the kind of situation that the die hard fans here know what is happening but keep a pilot light of hope that it just might change. I'd rather just be able to snuff that ounce of hope out.

we got clawson doubling up on 4* WRs while manning does..............??????????????

Chris Paul comes to town and helps land a 4* football recruit but can't help Manning land anyone in hoops.

I’m over Basketball. We are a Football school. Pretty damn good baseball program too. And of course we kick ass at the country club spoartz too

You really expect us to win most of our home conference games next season? I guess I just don’t see it. I really like Sarr, but it will be tough to replace Moore’s production from last year. And as much as Bryant was frustrating at times, he was our leading scorer and significantly better than Childress. I also really like Brown and some of the other talents we might be able to mold...I guess I just have zero confidence in Manning’s ability to effectively utilize those pieces. Look how long it took for him to get the memo on Brown or to get Sarr valuable experience instead of playing grad transfer TT during a lost season...

We might have some exciting wins and I think we will have decent talent, however I believe we struggle to find an identity offensively and defensively and have a similar season to last year. At this point, I hope I’m wrong but worry that if we have any success it will prolong the inevitable and make it that much harder to climb out of the hole we have dug for ourselves.

You really expect us to win most of our home conference games next season? I guess I just don’t see it. I really like Sarr, but it will be tough to replace Moore’s production from last year. And as much as Bryant was frustrating at times, he was our leading scorer and significantly better than Childress. I also really like Brown and some of the other talents we might be able to mold...I guess I just have zero confidence in Manning’s ability to effectively utilize those pieces. Look how long it took for him to get the memo on Brown or to get Sarr valuable experience instead of playing grad transfer TT during a lost season...

We might have some exciting wins and I think we will have decent talent, however I believe we struggle to find an identity offensively and defensively and have a similar season to last year. At this point, I hope I’m wrong but worry that if we have any success it will prolong the inevitable and make it that much harder to climb out of the hole we have dug for ourselves.

WF has had some bad basketball teams that managed to win at least half their home league games - Bz did it 2 of 4 years, Manning did it in his first year, Odom did it every year but one, Skip did it every year but one, Dino did it every year

like I said, it's hard to go 4-14

Think the OOC schedule will have a few good teams but will mostly be littered with complete cupcakes a la Bz's last year. Without knowing the full schedule yet, I'll go 9 OOC wins and 6 conference wins for a completely uninspiring 15 wins. Bye, Daniel.

WF has had some bad basketball teams that managed to win at least half their home league games - Bz did it 2 of 4 years, Manning did it in his first year, Odom did it every year but one, Skip did it every year but one, Dino did it every year

like I said, it's hard to go 4-14

Fair points...I hope you're right!

Back