• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Wichita just offered Wilkins. Seems like the same 4-5 schools are still looking to add a 2018 piece

Wilkins appears to be tough and a good shooter but a 6’4” forward who can’t dunk. Classic tweeter.

Honestly we could really use some toughness. Chaundee has great size but didn’t show toughness.

I say we pass on this one. If we get him, we will have like 8 guys between 6'4" and 6'8". We would be known as the Paul McCartney team

I say we pass on this one. If we get him, we will have like 8 guys between 6'4" and 6'8". We would be known as the Paul McCartney team

No. Manning is ahead of the curve. All interchangeable parts. Does not matter who gets hurt. Does not matter who leaves. Switch every pick. Everybody is a wing. Everybody rebounds and plays D.
Manning can't screw up the lineups since they are all the same. Genius. This is the future of college basketball and you are getting to see it while history is being made. Appreciate.

No. Manning is ahead of the curve. All interchangeable parts. Does not matter who gets hurt. Does not matter who leaves. Switch every pick. Everybody is a wing. Everybody rebounds and plays D.
Manning can't screw up the lineups since they are all the same. Genius. This is the future of college basketball and you are getting to see it while history is being made. Appreciate.

This was pretty much how Duke played before they went the one and done route. Of course they did it with five star talent.

Kids from Winston usually work out pretty well. He sounds like a PJ Tucker type, who I wish we had gotten back in the day.

Isn’t it pretty widely known that PJ Tucker didn’t meet the academic requirements for Wake? I feel like this was covered several times given his relationship with CP3.

Although his UT team did come to Winston and put up one hell of a battle with the loaded 2004-2005 squad. My dad and I were in Winston over Christmas break to watch that one.

2019 PG Caleb Mills seems like he would commit if we offered. He is looking to commit at the end of summer/beginning of his senior year. If the staff feels uncertain about Anthony Harris, we should just offer Mills to lock up a decent guard, and then focus on getting a good SF and a good big.

We have 2 scholarships available in 2019, but my bet is we end up with 3 because either: 1. Hoard is a 1 and done and goes pro, or 2. Melo transfers out after failing to put up numbers this year.

Mills is a 3-star right now, and he will probably finish as a high 3-star or low 4-star. At 6'3 he has a nice shooting stroke and solid passing skills. Good height for a PG, however skinny frame leaves question marks about if he can handle ACC physicality. Seems like he would be our best sure bet right now.

2019 PG Caleb Mills seems like he would commit if we offered. He is looking to commit at the end of summer/beginning of his senior year. If the staff feels uncertain about Anthony Harris, we should just offer Mills to lock up a decent guard, and then focus on getting a good SF and a good big.

We have 2 scholarships available in 2019, but my bet is we end up with 3 because either: 1. Hoard is a 1 and done and goes pro, or 2. Melo transfers out after failing to put up numbers this year.

Mills is a 3-star right now, and he will probably finish as a high 3-star or low 4-star. At 6'3 he has a nice shooting stroke and solid passing skills. Good height for a PG, however skinny frame leaves question marks about if he can handle ACC physicality. Seems like he would be our best sure bet right now.

Yeah, I think we will have plenty of scholarships for 2019, one way or another.

But I don’t disagree with your logic on Mills.

Just gonna throw it out there again. Wake needs to offer Zac Irvin. He hit nine 3’s in one game for B maze elite. Also I wish Wake would take a look at one of the kids a coach. He is class of 2020 now. The film is from when we went to the Torry pines tourney.
https://youtu.be/0LicqqR8vFQ

I've seen Wilkins play a few times at Tabor. Always thought he was a college prospect, but never thought he'd be ACC bound.

Back