• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I saw an article from Wake Forest that the Northern Arizona transfer may be granted a 6th year of eligibility but he won't know until next summer.

NCAA never rules on these issues until the standard eligibility period expires or is about to expire.

Farrakhan's a prophet and I think you ought to listen to
What he can say to you, what you wanna do is follow for now"
Power of the people say
"Make a miracle, D, pump the lyrical"
Black is back, all in, we're gonna win
Check it out, yeah y'all, come on, here we go again

Lewis was the guy committed to State that was a 4* at one point, right? Did he get injured or just drop in the rankings?

Like anyone reading a RECRUITING thread would already know that!!! Take your petty whining to the credibility thread, when no one responds there, you will see how insignificant your input is.

Thought it was GaTech.
You're right. Feels like deja vu though.

Either Manning actually has an ultimatum and he's hoping and praying that someone, anyone, will show up next season...or, '19 recruiting is looking so bad that he's taking advantage of his last bit of '18/Hoard recruiting momentum. If it's the latter and he doesn't think we can do better in '19 than these two, we are in for a few more seasons of sucking monkey nuts.

I wondered why Wilkins was not more heavily recruited.

My guess is that at VT he would be redshirting. They have Alexander-Walker returning and Nolley coming in at SG, with Ahmed Hill playing the same essential role. I know Buzz plays a lot of smalls at the same time but I just don't see a lot of minutes there for Wilkins next year. Assuming Alexander-Walker lives up to his 4 stars (and he had his moments last year), the long term prospects for Wilkins would be good. Verbal Commits show the Hokies with only one offer outstanding for 2018, the Lathon kid (PG) who Wake has also offered.

I wondered why Wilkins was not more heavily recruited.

Wilkins was not more heavily recruited because he doesn't have the ball handling skills of a guard, yet he's only 6'4. Ten years ago he would be considered undersized or a tweener, but the catchphrase of 2018 is "positionless basketball", so therefore he we don't care about height/wingspan measurements anymore if someone says they can "guard multiple positions" and "shoot the 3".

PG Caleb Mills from Asheville apparently impressed at the UA events and is now being watched by Wake Forest. We also watched Kai Jones, who is seeing his recruiting increase with Syracuse now offering and some more ACC school's offers to come soon.

Wilkins is averaging 12 PPG, 4 RPG, and 2 APG on the Nike EYBL Circuit this summer. For perspective, here's how the Hoard and Mucius were on the same tour last summer:

Hoard: 15 PPG, 6 RPG, and 1 APG
Mucius: 8 PPG, 3 RPG, and 1 APG (But Averaged 12 PPG at the Peach Jam against the nation's best to close the season)

Wilkins is averaging 12 PPG, 4 RPG, and 2 APG on the Nike EYBL Circuit this summer. For perspective, here's how the Hoard and Mucius were on the same tour last summer:

Hoard: 15 PPG, 6 RPG, and 1 APG
Mucius: 8 PPG, 3 RPG, and 1 APG (But Averaged 12 PPG at the Peach Jam against the nation's best to close the season)

Wilkins appears to be tough and a good shooter but a 6’4” forward who can’t dunk. Classic tweeter.

Back