• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

What very tiny small hope I had of Manning actually becoming a decent coach after the Louisville win and the win at Va Tech was squashed during the Kansas State play in game. Even then, I really hoped a summer of being an assistant for Coach Cal on the USA team he would learn finally how to coach defense and get his players to play hard at all times. It was crystal clear before halftime of the Georgia Southern game that Manning was not going to change one bit and that he doesn't have what it takes to succeed at Wake.

Spot on.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - 3-star 2018 SF Mike Wynn Commits to Wake!

RChill, you may have confused me with someone else. To be clear, I’ve never, ever compared Manning to [Redacted]. [Redacted] is in the lowest class of his own.

I can feel that way about [Redacted] and still recognize early on that Manning was not going to be the solution we had been waiting for.

Pretty sure Moonz was the only one making Bz comparisons until it became clear half way through this season when it became clear that they would end 4 seasons with similar w/l records and nearly identical conference road records.

RChill, you may have confused me with someone else. To be clear, I’ve never, ever compared Manning to [Redacted]. [Redacted] is in the lowest class of his own.

I can feel that way about [Redacted] and still recognize early on that Manning was not going to be the solution we had been waiting for.

Glad to hear it. Me too.

I’ve never claimed Manning was or was even remotely likely to be the guy to take us to a level where Odom and Skip couldn’t quite get to. I also never expected him, or any other potential hire taking over the program [Redacted] left behind, to be that guy.

I did think he could be a guy that could take us back to where we were pre-[Redacted] and saw great value in that. And as Ph has admitted, if John Collins stayed for his junior year that would have happened.

Pretty sure Moonz was the only one making Bz comparisons until it became clear half way through this season when it became clear that they would end 4 seasons with similar w/l records and nearly identical conference road records.

Lol. The [Redacted] comparisons were a regular occurrence on here since year 1 except for a brief period from January to April 2017. They were always absurd, even last season.

Take this personal bickering to the DM credibility thread. GD it gets old.

My apologies. I’ll let y’all get back to where the thread was before I showed up.

Lol. Dude took two years and part of a summer at an online diploma factory to even get himself eligible, isn't expected to contribute, and will almost definitely struggle mightily with Wake classes...and yet there are still posters above trying to spin this.

I can't wait until we finally reach rock bottom. Those Thai kids were less lost than our program.

Can’t believe RChill couldn’t accept me and others giving up on Manning so early. Like we were crazy. Wake up and grasp that Wake is not trending up.

RChill and the like can look back and say they supported Manning and they’re better fans for not seeing how bad things were.

Cause that definitely doesn’t get old

Alright, I think we have all made our points for the 100th time. For a while, this thread almost became a recruiting thread again.

Wynn seems to be ‘just a guy’. But we may just need some bodies in practice to be honest. Clearly the staff feels the need for another signing. This seems to be a lorng replacement. I really don’t like classes this big at all, but with all the defections and the heat they are under i understand the move. Hope he can pass classes and hope he contributes. He isn’t a complete dud based on his offer list but he is clearly a stretch by a staff who is feeling the heat.

My apologies. I’ll let y’all get back to where the thread was before I showed up.

Cause that definitely doesn’t get old

Yeah, I don’t blame you for responding. Tough not to when you get personally called out repeatedly.

Alright, I think we have all made our points for the 100th time. For a while, this thread almost became a recruiting thread again.

Wynn seems to be ‘just a guy’. But we may just need some bodies in practice to be honest. Clearly the staff feels the need for another signing. This seems to be a lorng replacement. I really don’t like classes this big at all, but with all the defections and the heat they are under i understand the move. Hope he can pass classes and hope he contributes. He isn’t a complete dud based on his offer list but he is clearly a stretch by a staff who is feeling the heat.

Like most of the staff’s recent moves I don’t see them helping much but I also don’t see them coming back to bite us.

Yeah, I don’t blame you for responding. Tough not to when you get personally called out repeatedly.

Relax, friend. Just message board banter. My whole point in bringing it up was that it was RChill who absolutely wouldn’t permit us to have an opinion of our own earlier than he did about Manning. And now our b-ball program is where many of us feared early on that it would be. Calling out bad takes is partially what message boards are about. He is not a victim here.

But yes, it should’ve been on the credibility thread. Apologies.

Relax, friend. Just message board banter. My whole point in bringing it up was that it was RChill who absolutely wouldn’t permit us to have an opinion of our own earlier than he did about Manning. And now our b-ball program is where many of us feared early on that it would be. Calling out bad takes is partially what message boards are about. He is not a victim here.

But yes, it should’ve been on the credibility thread. Apologies.

Hmmm.

We can all agree that predicting a Sweet 16 next year is a bad take right now. That won’t be any less true if we make the Sweet 16 next year.

Manning’s failure at Wake does not validate your argument from 3 years ago that “Manning would fail at Wake specifically because of X.”

And taking a potshot at a take last made 3 months ago on an unrelated thread isn’t what message boards are all about.

Hmmm.

We can all agree that predicting a Sweet 16 next year is a bad take right now. That won’t be any less true if we make the Sweet 16 next year.

Manning’s failure at Wake does not validate your argument from 3 years ago that “Manning would fail at Wake specifically because of X.”

And taking a potshot at a take last made 3 months ago on an unrelated thread isn’t what message boards are all about.

Please fill in the blank of ‘X.’ See, you can’t even recite my argument. You thought I was comparing Bz to Manning, for one thing.

Some of us stated early on Manning wasn’t the answer. This was correct. As much as you want to, in Ph’s apt words, “lawyer” this argument, it’s not as complicated as you want to make it. Calling out obfuscation is most certainly a message board duty :)

At least you’ve admitted you were wrong.

Ok, recruiting!

0005560557_10.jpg

Please fill in the blank of ‘X.’ See, you can’t even recite my argument. You thought I was comparing Bz to Manning, for one thing.

Some of us stated early on Manning wasn’t the answer. This was correct. As much as you want to, in Ph’s apt words, “lawyer” this argument, it’s not as complicated as you want to make it. Calling out obfuscation is most certainly a message board duty :)

At least you’ve admitted you were wrong.

Ok, recruiting!

I’m the only one willing to talk about the X. You got the right answer for the wrong reason. I got the wrong answer because of a reason I always admitted was possible.

Some people claim the Sun rises in the East everyday because God wills it. The Sun rising in the east this morning didn’t prove them right. This isn’t lawyering, it’s basic logic.

Back