• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Wynn’s not a bad looking player. Good shot, not real fast, dribbles too high with his left hand. Maybe a John Toms role player as he gets stronger.

Probably the strangest criticism I have seen in a while concerning a player. :D

Not comfortable dribbling with his off-hand...i.e., Chaundee's biggest weakness last year. Not a strange criticism at all.

Yeah, he could get the ball stolen from him dribbling with his off hand was my observation.

This year was going to be iffy at best recruiting wise but I don't see how the Jamil Jones situation doesn't totally kill it. We will be lucky to get anyone in the top 200, and if we do, then the staff has done an amazing job! This 2019 class could and should be the death knell for Manning unless we win tons more games this year than I expect

This year was going to be iffy at best recruiting wise but I don't see how the Jamil Jones situation doesn't totally kill it. We will be lucky to get anyone in the top 200, and if we do, then the staff has done an amazing job! This 2019 class could and should be the death knell for Manning unless we win tons more games this year than I expect

What word means the opposite of vibes? Because this post is that.

Ugh.

Yeah this is pretty brutal to process.

You gotta believe we can land some random Euro stretch 4, or some 125-150 ranked CG, right?

I don't follow recruiting as closely as others here but there must be some guys who want to play in the ACC that don't have other ACC offers. I mean, if not, SHIT...We are in bigger trouble than what shows on the surface...Which is ugly in itself.

I'm trying to figure out if you're just playing to the Jones situation or if this is your actual read on where things stand with recruiting, or both.

Yeah this is pretty brutal to process.

You gotta believe we can land some random Euro stretch 4, or some 125-150 ranked CG, right?

I don't follow recruiting as closely as others here but there must be some guys who want to play in the ACC that don't have other ACC offers. I mean, if not, SHIT...We are in bigger trouble than what shows on the surface...Which is ugly in itself.

Being in the ACC just isn’t the advantage it used to be.

Idk, some of these kids may not be so judgy. Cole Anthony's pops got busted with a prostitute while he was married. Trayce Jackson-Davis' dad was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct. I just don't see this as a valid excuse. Louisville lands top recruits without a hitch and they had an STD infested hooker write a book about how she banged recruits, and their previous coach admitted to premature ejaculation issues. No excuses. Pull in some good recruits or GTFO.

Idk, some of these kids may not be so judgy. Cole Anthony's pops got busted with a prostitute while he was married. Trayce Jackson-Davis' dad was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct. I just don't see this as a valid excuse. Louisville lands top recruits without a hitch and they had an STD infested hooker write a book about how she banged recruits, and their previous coach admitted to premature ejaculation issues. No excuses. Pull in some good recruits or GTFO.

TITCR

Don't get me wrong, this should not and is not an excuse for Manning, it is just the way it is and I don't see him surviving this if we have a sucko year (which seems likely). 2 bad years back to back and an awful recruiting class may just get him out of here. Most of the players we had the best chance at getting in 2019 were being recruited by.... guess who? Will take a herculean effort and a ton of luck for it to turn out decent IMO. Just hope the whole Jamil situation ( not that I would wish this on him in any way) does not give Ron the excuse he needs to keep Manning on after another terrible year, we shall see.

Back