• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

To the extent we got Crystal Balls for any of those guys, they flipped our way very quickly once they started flipping.
Wake was the favorite for Hoard for a good ~6 months leading up to his commitment at the end of August.

No, I just always think it’s funny when people brag about their college grades (or their senior year of high school). And I’m being an ass.

Seems like you remember just fine.

No it was simply a set up to take a pot shot at you cuz you always take the bait. Believe me there are a lot of details I don't remember from being too drunk my sophomore year. But at least I have all of my fond memories of superlative Wake Forest Basketball over my four years. Blessed to have gotten a chance to watch Rodney, Chill, TD etc. from the Screamin' Demon section. Rusty's dunk (senior day our senior day) is etched in my mind's eye like it was yesterday. Oddly, I wasn't drinking before the game that day. LOL

So it’s a prediction then. I’m glad birdman helped us settle that.

Wasn’t English a required course at Wake? Without semantics we’d have a difficult time communicating with each other.

Do all of these sentences mean the same thing to you? Do you agree with all of them?

1. I think Wake Forest will win 17 games next year.

2. I think the roster is capable of winning 17 games at most next year.

3. I think Manning is capable of winning 17 games at most with this roster next year.

4. I think Manning must win at least 17 games next year to keep his job.

5. Manning must win 17 games in order for me to be satisfied with his job performance this year.

6. Manning must win 17 games this year for me to be satisfied with his job performance overall.

7. Manning must win 17 games this year for me to be excited about the direction of the program.

8. Given the situation he took over, Manning should win 17 games in year 5.

9. As a program, Wake Forest Basketball should win at least 17 games every year.

I agree with all of these except #6.

So 17 games is the bar now? Thought it was .500 in the ACC and at least being in the conversation for the NCAAT? I mean, on paper, with that schedule, you would think 17 wins would be fairly easy. But if the Deacs are 18-13 or 19-14 again (9-9), I'm thinking it's because the ACC is in a bit of a down year and therefore we wouldn't have the requisite SOS to get off the bubble.

So two Top 100 players in the Class of '19 and 18 wins means Danny gets another extension right?? ;-)

I think the Deacs lose their first game in Myrtle Beach. God help us if they lose twice.

At present there are nine top 100 players listed as warm on 247/Scout. That's double the number listed at the end of spring. The staff has the opportunity for a strong recruiting class. That and $3 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. They need to close the deal on three.

Welcome, officially, Mike.

Also, forgot about Blake Buchannon. Always good to get a scrappy gym rat in every class.

No it was simply a set up to take a pot shot at you cuz you always take the bait. Believe me there are a lot of details I don't remember from being too drunk my sophomore year. But at least I have all of my fond memories of superlative Wake Forest Basketball over my four years. Blessed to have gotten a chance to watch Rodney, Chill, TD etc. from the Screamin' Demon section. Rusty's dunk (senior day our senior day) is etched in my mind's eye like it was yesterday. Oddly, I wasn't drinking before the game that day. LOL

If your gonna take a pot shot to win internet points might as well make it public.

The Rodney days are little fuzzy, the first game I remember being at was the smack down of UNC at the Joel the year they won the natty.

The J-Ho, CP3 years weren’t too shabby from the student section.

I agree with all of these except #6.

Really? That’s the perfect confluence of mediocrity.

FWIW, I’d say:

1. 18 (including postseason).

2. Who the fuck knows given the turnover.

3. 1-2 wins less than #2.

4. 15.

5. 18-19. I won’t base it on wins but based on what the schedule looks like right now, I doubt he could hit the metrics that would satisfy me without getting 18-19 wins. Ultimately won’t matter unless he lands some of the big fish in the 2019 class.

6. 21+, with the same caveat as #5.

7. Same as 6.

8. Same as 6, except with more weight on the 2019 class and who’s coming back.

9. 20+ and T40 KP.

Manning only has to win 15 games to keep his job? What a sad new standard for Wake basketball.

My money is on him never playing a college game and declaring for the draft like Anfernee Simons.

His list is a pretty much a who’s who of programs with a history of violations: Louisville, UCLA, NCSU, Tennessee.

Can’t hate on Texas Tech (Beard) and TCU (Dixon), though.

Really? That’s the perfect confluence of mediocrity.

FWIW, I’d say:

1. 18 (including postseason).

2. Who the fuck knows given the turnover.

3. 1-2 wins less than #2.

4. 15.

5. 18-19. I won’t base it on wins but based on what the schedule looks like right now, I doubt he could hit the metrics that would satisfy me without getting 18-19 wins. Ultimately won’t matter unless he lands some of the big fish in the 2019 class.

6. 21+, with the same caveat as #5.

7. Same as 6.

8. Same as 6, except with more weight on the 2019 class and who’s coming back.

9. 20+ and T40 KP.

I was fucking with you. They are all the same sentence written different ways. I thought you would be the one person who would get that. Oh well.

Back