• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

My point was that Georgetown U is located inside the city limits of DC, in the oldest neighborhood of DC. It was founded in what was then Georgetown, MD, named gor the king, not the president. Georgetown, MD was incorporated into DC when MD and VA gave land for the new capitol city. Georgetown neighborhood has an upper class vibe, not an inner city gritty one.

Georgetown Prep (high school) is very much in the burbs

Have you guys watched EJ Montgomery's highlights? Holy cow, the dude is unreal. Reminds me of a slightly smaller, more aggressive Anthony Davis.

A frontcourt of Montgomery, Hoard, Mucius, Sarr and Doral would be insane.

4507237-edarem-o+%281%29.gif

Obviously, we are involved but has there been any indication of where he is likely to end up?

Have you guys watched EJ Montgomery's highlights? Holy cow, the dude is unreal. Reminds me of a slightly smaller, more aggressive Anthony Davis.

Not EJ, but that outlet pass at 2:10 was a thing of beauty.

Not EJ, but that outlet pass at 2:10 was a thing of beauty.

Wow. I hadn't watched it that far. That is incredible. Never seen a pass like that.

I would hope Manning would start Montgomery at PF alongside Moore. A Moore/Montgomery/Sarr/Mitchell post rotation could cover about 65-70 minutes. The rest could be small lineups with Hoard/Mucius at the 4.

Obviously, we are involved but has there been any indication of where he is likely to end up?

He’s barely released any update on his recruitment since he decommitted. Georgetown and USC have notably been after him hard as well, but this will be a spring decision with blue bloods likely getting involved as well

It seemed like half of his blocks were goaltending, but I like how he tried to control them, as opposed to just swatting.
Also, I noticed how there didn't seem to be much crowd reaction to his dunks. Weird. Maybe they are just used it.

He’s barely released any update on his recruitment since he decommitted. Georgetown and USC have notably been after him hard as well, but this will be a spring decision with blue bloods likely getting involved as well

Yeah. He just feels like one that will end up at a blue blood.

So 247 updated their rankings today and Montgomery moved all the way up to #6 (!!!!) overall in the class. Yes please. Hopefully we can at least get him on campus for a visit. In other news, Hoard moved up a little to #33 (still way too low imo), Mucius dropped down to #97 and Lewis moved all the way down to #227. LOL never change, 247.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Just fyi, the prior page on this thread.

He's #6 on 247. #21 is the composite ranking.

THX. 247 has him way higher than others and Jaylen lower than others.

Plus any system in which one team has #1, #2 and #9 and is behind a team that has #13 and #19 is flawed. Just because it's four players versus three shouldn't make that much of a difference. Well, unless they are saying Self is that much better at coaching than K.

Um, Georgetown and GW are very, very close to each other.

The Georgetown neighbourhood and Foggy Bottom are basically adjacent.

Would agree, and most times to get to Georgetown, I get off at the foggy bottom metro stop. What a great walk

Thanks for the DC geography lesson. Any recommendations for brunch in the area ?

Back