• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

JT Terrell was a top 100 recruit. He was 51 in the RSCI rankings. We were worried that UK was going to poach him.

Carson was 66. https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/recruit_rankings_2010.html

I understand that, but if you scroll through the top 150 on 247 right now he is not listed. I used 247 today to look up the numbers. RSCI would have been a more reliable source, so maybe this weekend during snowmageddon I will re-do using the top 800 players through that website. I'm betting the number will still be over 90%.

Even with that excuse, to get to 60 in eight years, you'd have to average 7.5 per year. When you consider how few coaches are fired each year, to have that many Top 150 guys change that late would be amazing.

Here's 2011 247 top recruits list: https://247sports.com/Season/2011-Basketball/RecruitRankings/

I went through the Top 50 and couldn't find a single player who recommitted. I'm not as sure about the next 50, but none stood out.

Even with that excuse, to get to 60 in eight years, you'd have to average 7.5 per year. When you consider how few coaches are fired each year, to have that many Top 150 guys change that late would be amazing.

Here's 2011 247 top recruits list: https://247sports.com/Season/2011-Basketball/RecruitRankings/

I went through the Top 50 and couldn't find a single player who recommitted. I'm not as sure about the next 50, but none stood out.

Who said recommitted? Let me make this as simple as I can for you:

Offering a player before you fire a coach over 90% of the time does not lead to that player coming to your school. Never did I say this was about players decommitting once a coach is fired, which is a different issue. You seem to think that Manning recruiting 2020s will help the next coach, assuming we have one then, in landing those same 2020 recruits. Numbers don't show that. Coaches who take over for fired coaches get over 90% of their commits from guys they offered after taking over the job. Anything else you are talking about has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

*Edit to this, I'm also only talking about top-150 players, which is all that matters for an ACC school trying to be top half of the conference.

Anything that gets a potential player to think positively about your school is good. Kids and parents aren't ignorant to the fact that coaches come and go.

Recruiting is a multi-year process. Top 100 players start picking up offers from their soph years on. To many it's almost pro forma.

The key to it all is who replaces the fired coach.

MaxPreps News ranked the top 25 high school teams in the last 20 years. Interestingly 2 members of the team that they ranked 19th played for Wake: Justin Grey and Richard Joyce.

I don't know Netflixnchill. I do know RJ in person.

Netflix's persona would lead one to believe he leads a miserable existence. That may or may not be true. I could understand someone saying that about RJ not knowing him. Knowing him, I can tell you it is untrue - at least it was 10 years ago anyway. In fact, this may pain some on here to know, but he was down right giddy quite often.

I cannot imagine Netflix giddy.

Netflix's persona would lead one to believe he leads a miserable existence. That may or may not be true. I could understand someone saying that about RJ not knowing him. Knowing him, I can tell you it is untrue - at least it was 10 years ago anyway. In fact, this may pain some on here to know, but he was down right giddy quite often.

RJ sounds like a netflixnchili molester

My initial point was that RJ's real life persona is not like his online one, which can admittedly be annoying. And I hope that is true with everyone on here that hangs on to tired arguments that seem pointless (to me).

I don't totally get why people hold on to arguments with "opponents" on here and waste time when I very seldom see a POV changed.

My initial point was that RJ's real life persona is not like his online one, which can admittedly be annoying. And I hope that is true with everyone on here that hangs on to tired arguments that seem pointless (to me).

I don't totally get why people hold on to arguments with "opponents" on here and waste time when I very seldom see a POV changed.

I can agree with this. Good post.

I don't know you either, but you strike me as someone whose entire world exists within 5 - 10 baseball throws of his front stoop. That's your online persona - to me anyway.

So, basically, you're really really awful at reading people from their posts online. Again, glad we got that cleared up. Tell me more about how you're finally now convinced that Manning won't succeed since you're also really really awful at judging college basketball coaches.

BC you met rj at a tailgate once?

Would somebody please be Biff's friend? Or give him a ride to rehab? Or a mental facility?

So, basically, you're really really awful at reading people from their posts online. Again, glad we got that cleared up. Tell me more about how you're finally now convinced that Manning won't succeed since you're also really really awful at judging college basketball coaches.

No.

NY, CA were fun. Weren't you with us at Sloan's when I brought pizzas from The Rainbow rather than eat the food Sloan's made? That was about the time Troy, the bartender, was getting his movies Boondock Saints I & II, made.

Was it you or Brian (whatever happened to him?) who parked at the crazy lot in Tribeca that has a bar in it? It's convenient to be able to drink while you are waiting for your car be brought to you. :)

Last edited:
NY, CA were fun. Weren't you with us at Sloan's when I brought pizzas from The Rainbow rather than eat the food Sloan's made? That was about the time Troy, the bartender, was getting his movies Boondock Saints I & II, made.

Was it you or Brian (whatever happened to him?) who parked at the crazy lot in Tribeca that has a bar in it? It's is convenient to be able to drink while you are waiting for your car be brought to you. :)

Why don't you pick up the phone and call him if you are so fucking tight?

Back