• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I think Jaybone's descent into senility will be fairly smooth and painless.

Senility is NOT a smooth and painless descent.

I know you were kidding, but I honestly feel that illogical and stupid posts are just laziness, plain and simple. Do people think through what they type for a few seconds before they hit POST?

I feel like somehow ogboards begat Donald Trump and we are in an age where logic and facts are being assaulted by highly educated dumb shits.

Logic alone would lead everyone to understand that a descent into senility is slow and painful. Imagine watching Wake Forest at a point at some moment in the future. There are 5 minutes left in the game and Wake is down 3. You can't remember how they got 3 down. You have to look up online to determine whether the opponent, Duke, is now good or awful. You are shocked to learn that Coach K is no longer there and in fact, has been dead for 3 years now. You get back to the game, Wake is now up 2. You don't recognize Wake's own coach and have to look that up. You don't even know if this is a good season or a bad season. When you look it up, you are shocked to learn that this is an NCAA final four game and it is the first time Wake has been in the Final 4 since forever.

So, tell me how smooth and painless that would be again?

So thank you all sports boarders for getting us to this moment. Wait, what am I talking about again ...

I never crossed paths with Boondocks Troy. BUT I did hang out with Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs a couple of times.

NY, CA were fun. Weren't you with us at Sloan's when I brought pizzas from The Rainbow rather than eat the food Sloan's made? That was about the time Troy, the bartender, was getting his movies Boondock Saints I & II, made.

Was it you or Brian (whatever happened to him?) who parked at the crazy lot in Tribeca that has a bar in it? It's convenient to be able to drink while you are waiting for your car be brought to you. :)

That was not me.

My best RJ story is the sports bar in Santa Monica where we watched a Spurs - Lakers playoff game and you terrorizing a Lakers fan to the point where he wanted to pull you outside and pummel you. You somehow de-escalated the situation without taking your eyes off the TV. It was like watching a Ricky Jay card sleight of hand -- I know it happened, just not sure how it was done All the while continuing to cheer on Timmy D and the Spurs. Still not sure why you insisted on watching the game in not just a Lakers bar, but THE Lakers bar in Santa Monica.

You either seek out conflict or it just finds you.

That reminds me of the time I was at at Oconnells watching the Lakers/blazers playoff game. I had been there for a while and wanted to find a place to sit. Two ladies in their late twenties had a booth. I asked them if I could join them to watch the fourth quarter.

They smiled and said I could, but they'd like to make a bet. I was all ears. They were Blazers fans. Their bet was if the Blazers won I had to buy each of them a drink. Even though the Blazers were up fifteen or so, I knew this was a no lose as I would have bought them a drink anyway.

I then said, "What if the Lakers win?"

One said, "we'll each buy you a drink."

"But you're up fifteen going into the fourth quarter."

They smiled at each other and the other one said,"If the Lakers win, you get to choose which one of us will give you a blow job."

It was the only time I can ever remember rooting for the Lakers.....yes they honored their bet

dyu-w-c5_400x400.jpg

It may have been the only place I knew to watch on the Promenade. Didn't we stop other places before getting there? Did I get the guy to buy me a drink?

It may have been the only place I knew to watch on the Promenade. Didn't we stop other places before getting there? Did I get the guy to buy me a drink?

No. You got him to not kick your ass.

I think it was in Culver City or near the Miracle Mile. It was some place with a parking lot.

No. You got him to not kick your ass.

I think it was in Culver City or near the Miracle Mile. It was some place with a parking lot.

Those are on opposite sides of the city. Kinda doubt it was Miracle Mile. I can't remember ever going there other than to the Wiltern or El Rey. There used to be a cool place next to the Wiltern called Atlas Bar and Grill, but it was a jazz/dinner club not a place to watch a game.

Do you have enough Xanax for all the posters you are making crazy? It wouldn't be nice not have some for everyone.

Who said recommitted? Let me make this as simple as I can for you:

Offering a player before you fire a coach over 90% of the time does not lead to that player coming to your school. Never did I say this was about players decommitting once a coach is fired, which is a different issue. You seem to think that Manning recruiting 2020s will help the next coach, assuming we have one then, in landing those same 2020 recruits. Numbers don't show that. Coaches who take over for fired coaches get over 90% of their commits from guys they offered after taking over the job. Anything else you are talking about has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

*Edit to this, I'm also only talking about top-150 players, which is all that matters for an ACC school trying to be top half of the conference.

You do realize these are two totally different statements and that proving the first does not prove the second, right?

And the first statement is unremarkable given that for most schools the percentage of players offered that go elsewhere is typically close-ish to 90%.

You do realize these are two totally different statements and that proving the first does not prove the second, right?

And the first statement is unremarkable given that for most schools the percentage of players offered that go elsewhere is typically close-ish to 90%.

For many schools other than KY, Duke, KU, UNC, I'd say 90% may be low. Remember, schools throw huge and wide nets. Also, there has been a change in committing and signing later over the past decade. This means many schools are giving out more offers.

For many schools other than KY, Duke, KU, UNC, I'd say 90% may be low. Remember, schools throw huge and wide nets. Also, there has been a change in committing and signing later over the past decade. This means many schools are giving out more offers.

Yeah if we are just talking too 150 it’s 96% for Wake the last five years

So, basically, you're really really awful at reading people from their posts online. Again, glad we got that cleared up. Tell me more about how you're finally now convinced that Manning won't succeed since you're also really really awful at judging college basketball coaches.

Ouch.

Wow. I came on here for a recruiting update only to see a page plus of this...fill in the blank. Bunch of crap guys. Its like internet pollution. Take it elsewhere so my friend, Biff Tannen, and others can come on here and actually read about matters related to the thread title.

I know you were kidding, but I honestly feel that illogical and stupid posts are just laziness, plain and simple. Do people think through what they type for a few seconds before they hit POST?

I feel like somehow ogboards begat Donald Trump and we are in an age where logic and facts are being assaulted by highly educated dumb shits.

Why do you and RChill worry so much about how people post on a GD message board that is nothing more than a place to get some information, chat about Wake sports and say what you feel when you're feeling it? For some reason you and Chill think this is some sort of exercise in competitive debate and that the best poster is the one who can make the most cogent and logical arguments all of the time, no matter what, even if it's just parsing the fucking semantics of how someone writes a sentence. You suck the fun out of everything at every turn. Not every comment has to be an example of well-reasoned expository writing. Which you should understand as you are as good as anyone at injecting non-squitirs within a post and diverging into weird tangents like your habit of having to make out anyone who apparently disagrees with your takes as a dumb-witted, low-IQ Trump voter?? I'm sure you have it all figured out, I mean, you're "jayBONE" on a private school msg board no one cares about generally. So why don't you take your snide, weird persona on permanent vacation too like NoChill. Maybe the two of you can meet up on a tropical island, suck down pina coladas till you puke and engage in lively debate on how best to annoy and nitpick anonymous strangers on a message board for which you create the rules and guidelines for proper posting?

Goodness gracious is this place ever fun?

Why do you and RChill worry so much about how people post on a GD message board that is nothing more than a place to get some information, chat about Wake sports and say what you feel when you're feeling it? For some reason you and Chill think this is some sort of exercise in competitive debate and that the best poster is the one who can make the most cogent and logical arguments all of the time, no matter what, even if it's just parsing the fucking semantics of how someone writes a sentence. You suck the fun out of everything at every turn. Not every comment has to be an example of well-reasoned expository writing. Which you should understand as you are as good as anyone at injecting non-squitirs within a post and diverging into weird tangents like your habit of having to make out anyone who apparently disagrees with your takes as a dumb-witted, low-IQ Trump voter?? I'm sure you have it all figured out, I mean, you're "jayBONE" on a private school msg board no one cares about generally. So why don't you take your snide, weird persona on permanent vacation too like NoChill. Maybe the two of you can meet up on a tropical island, suck down pina coladas till you puke and engage in lively debate on how best to annoy and nitpick anonymous strangers on a message board for which you create the rules and guidelines for proper posting?

Goodness gracious is this place ever fun?

It can be when you don’t care about what anonymous posters on a private school message board think of your anonymous posts.

Wow. I came on here for a recruiting update only to see a page plus of this...fill in the blank. Bunch of crap guys. Its like internet pollution. Take it elsewhere so my friend, Biff Tannen, and others can come on here and actually read about matters related to the thread title.

The latest in recruiting is that potential recruits will begin considering Wake Forest again when the coaching situation is sorted out.

Back