• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The next signing date for hoop is in April. A lot would need to go right for WF over the next 3 and a half months for Anthony to find the Deacs as his most attractive option.

No way to know. The UNC is in the lead comes from people around him, but Cole keeps everything tight lipped. We could be 2nd, could be 5th, won't know until the end.

It's fun to be in the running for top players in the country but it's only a matter of time before Cole flips that baby blue hat and crushes our collective spirit. I hope I'm wrong and the basketball gods toss us a bone!

No way to know. The UNC is in the lead comes from people around him, but Cole keeps everything tight lipped. We could be 2nd, could be 5th, won't know until the end.

True. When is Spring signing day? If he's waiting until Spring to commit we might not even have a coach so...

Cole Anthony is working on setting up an official visit to Wake Forest. Would be a program changer, but UNC is the leader right now.

Do you have a sense of the barriers for Anthony? From interviews, I don't get the sense that he is that invested in the program's legacy or anything like that, and that exposure is a bigger deal for him.

Do you have a sense of the barriers for Anthony? From interviews, I don't get the sense that he is that invested in the program's legacy or anything like that, and that exposure is a bigger deal for him.

I think the 3 things that have kept him interested are 1. Randolph has done a good job recruiting him 2. Mucius and Massoud were good AAU teammates that he knows he can play with 3. He likes the ACC/thinks the highest of it in terms of conference and competition. He definitely cares a lot about winning, which is where Wake takes a hit, but I think he is looking at the rosters and coaches that would be at each school when he is a Fr. and judging by that more than recent W/L records of each

UNC has some tough things to beat here: the Hubert Davis-Greg Anthony connection, Bacot and Anthony text each other about playing together, Anthony likely commits at a big Spring all-star event and if its the Jordan Brand Classic it will be hyped up for UNC big time, they will be returning a solid roster, they have a tradition for competing for ACC and National Championships, they have been prioritizing him and recruiting him extra hard to the point where if I were Jeremiah Francis I'd be a little offended. Its not over, but I think it would be a big hill for Wake to climb to get him over UNC.

I think the 3 things that have kept him interested are 1. Randolph has done a good job recruiting him 2. Mucius and Massoud were good AAU teammates that he knows he can play with 3. He likes the ACC/thinks the highest of it in terms of conference and competition. He definitely cares a lot about winning, which is where Wake takes a hit, but I think he is looking at the rosters and coaches that would be at each school when he is a Fr. and judging by that more than recent W/L records of each

Is there anyone else out there Anthony would like to play with? If so, let Anthony know we'll take him.

Don't think unc is the clear leader for Cole regardless of what they think

Don't think unc is the clear leader for Cole regardless of what they think

In some ways, we would be a better layover for him. He could play himself into being the top pick if he's that good by being the superstar of a team. By having two guys he's used to playing with, he'd look better.

I'd say we are, at best, 10-1 to get him, but there are reasons for him to choose Wake.

Hell, if Danny gets fired, maybe we'll hire his dad to coach.

Bilau

We are still in the mix for Bilau but it is no longer done deal. If we don't get him I am sure the staff will comb Europe for a power type in the 6'9"-11" who is 235-250lb. We need a banger because neither Mucius, Sarr, or Oguama would be considered one. We will be stacked at guard as someone already mentioned but woefully underweight/strength at the 4/5

If Bilau is a one and done he can stay in Europe for all I care...

I think Sarr gives us the best chance as the season moves along. We need an inside presence and Sarr has potential to be a factor. Need to light a fire under his ass and tell him not to dribble

Based on the reality that Sarrs move to the bench coincided with our two best games of the season, I don’t see Sarr in the starting lineup anytime soon. He can develop off the bench until he is a better contributor.

Based on the reality that Sarrs move to the bench coincided with our two best games of the season, I don’t see Sarr in the starting lineup anytime soon. He can develop off the bench until he is a better contributor.

Starr did play better last few games. I think he will continue to improve and needs more minutes as the season moves along. Smart is not the answer if we want to be somewhat competitive.

Back