• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Manning is past the point of being judged on his recruiting as a head coach. Anthony isn't coming and Manning isn't staying.

I really hope this is the case, but I'm starting to think he could go 0-18 in conference and still be retained. I just don't see Wellman being moved on this and also don't think that he's even looking for a replacement at this point. By the time he sees the writing on the wall, and with the BOT and administration having little to do with the situation other than enabling it...I think everyone will just dribble out the clock and let the next AD take care of the situation. It's hard not to think that way. Clearly winning isn't a priority and there's no sign that DM will be able to win and while it sickens me...DM might be here to stay for a while regardless of the contract rumors from Goodman...

Last edited:
It would be too Wake Foresty to sign the top player in next years class, in doing so we retain Manning, and then have a season like DSJ did for his 1 year at NC State, while we watch Danny flounder on the sidelines for another couple years.

manning is ALOT worse than Gott was at state. at least Gott knew how many timeouts he had everygame, and that that number would not change

I am starting to believe that Hoard will be back next season. He really needs to work on his ball handling, his shot, and get a lot tougher to have a chance of competing in the NBA and his draft status may be about to reflect that.

At least we have Ody Oguama coming in next season. He did choose Wake over Gardner Webb after all.

I am starting to believe that Hoard will be back next season. He really needs to work on his ball handling, his shot, and get a lot tougher to have a chance of competing in the NBA and his draft status may be about to reflect that.

Why come back to Wake when he can pair up with Doral Moore on the Memphis Hustle ?

I think so too. We need Hoard, Sarr and Mucius to work their asses off to gain 20 lbs of muscle this off season

Cole Anthony coming to Wake does nothing. With Manning as the coach and the projected cast of players, we're still not a tournament team. Best case scenario is he goes elsewhere, Hoard goes to NBA, we have 1-2 more transfer as the tipping poing to getting rid of Danny Manning. He's just as bad of a coach, if not worse, than [Redacted].

Cole Anthony coming to Wake does nothing. With Manning as the coach and the projected cast of players, we're still not a tournament team. Best case scenario is he goes elsewhere, Hoard goes to NBA, we have 1-2 more transfer as the tipping poing to getting rid of Danny Manning. He's just as bad of a coach, if not worse, than [Redacted].

I think at this point, Manning is gone regardless of what any of those players do. From reading the tea leaves from his press conference, he knows it and is just playing this out to get as much income as possible from his employer.

I think at this point, Manning is gone regardless of what any of those players do. From reading the tea leaves from his press conference, he knows it and is just playing this out to get as much income as possible from his employer.

Who is going to underwrite the $18 million due him ?

Hoard is old for his class (turns 20 as a freshman this March). If Manning stays, he may bolt because he sees no light at the end of the tunnel. If Manning is fired, he may still bolt because of an uninspiring replacement hire.

Seems like he has more to lose than gain by staying.

What this also tells me is Josaphat Bilau is far from a done deal. Goes to show his 2 friends from France aren't recruiting him hard to play here. Sarr & Hoard gone if Manning stays? Likely would be my bet.

Gone where? I guess just anywhere to get away. Sarr is far from ready to get paid to play.

Back