• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Gone where? I guess just anywhere to get away. Sarr is far from ready to get paid to play.

France. Remember both Sarr and Hoard are natives, not "foreigners" with respect to roster spots on French teams.

Someone on this board kept wanting Shakeel Moore to get an offer to Wake. It finally happened, although assuming Manning is fired at the end of this season if he really wants to go to Wake he should commit sooner than later. I don't think the next coach will keep that as a committable offer.

Offers this late in the 2019 class don't mean that much to me. Many p5 schools have scholarships to waste after misses/transfers. Unless he is having an absolute breakout senior year.....

What this also tells me is Josaphat Bilau is far from a done deal. Goes to show his 2 friends from France aren't recruiting him hard to play here. Sarr & Hoard gone if Manning stays? Likely would be my bet.

We are all beyond over the Manning era, but that doesn't tell us anything.

Someone on this board kept wanting Shakeel Moore to get an offer to Wake. It finally happened, although assuming Manning is fired at the end of this season if he really wants to go to Wake he should commit sooner than later. I don't think the next coach will keep that as a committable offer.

Dang Right. I am super pumped!

If he really has the offers his coach says he has he is likely a lot higher than #349 in his class.
That article is from December 2017 and he was #216 at the time...he's done nothing but drop in the rankings since then. Doubt most of those offers still exist, if they existed at all. They aren't listed on his 247 page. There's a reason he's not committed at this point, and it's not because he's a a top 10 talent. Guess he could be planning to reclassify.

Last edited:
That article is from December 2017 and he was #216 at the time...he's done nothing but drop in the rankings since then. Doubt most of those offers still exist, if they existed at all. They aren't listed on his 247 page. There's a reason he's not committed at this point, and it's not because he's a a top 10 talent. Guess he could be planning to reclassify.

Ody had 0 high major offers as a senior, reclassified, and will now be at Wake Forest. Seems Coleman is ahead of the curve:tard:

I know he’s not coming here, but let’s not pretend that it wouldn’t be awesome to have Cole Anthony at Wake for a season.

Besides the pub we’d get for having the nation’s top frosh, he’s too good for us to completely suck (assuming the current roster sticks around).

I know Manning sucks and I want him gone. I know Anthony is no reason to keep a coach. But it seems silly to root against us landing a huge recruit.

I know he’s not coming here, but let’s not pretend that it wouldn’t be awesome to have Cole Anthony at Wake for a season.

Besides the pub we’d get for having the nation’s top frosh, he’s too good for us to completely suck (assuming the current roster sticks around).

I know Manning sucks and I want him gone. I know Anthony is no reason to keep a coach. But it seems silly to root against us landing a huge recruit.

Not rooting against us, but short-term pain = long-term gain.

How do you manage to remain this optimistic as a gambler and Wake fan?

Not optimistic, I just think it’s weird to hope we don’t get the best HS player in the country to come to Wake.

To me, it’s similar to all of the hate Jaylen Hoard has been getting around here.

Just seems misguided, that’s all.

Do we really not remember Markell Fultz and the 9-26 or whatever record he had at Washington before being drafted number 1?

Do we really not remember Markell Fultz and the 9-26 or whatever record he had at Washington before being drafted number 1?

Right. One great player with a shitty team and a shitty coach does not automatically make you competitive, especially in a conference like the ACC.

And then people realized he actually sucked.

Of course I remember it. I also remember Ben Simmons at LSU. Putting aside the fact that Wake Forest w/ Cole Anthony would be better than those two teams, are they really cautionary tales?

Romar got fired from Washington after the Fultz season and they are MUCH better now w/ Mike Hopkins at the helm.

Jones inexplicably got one more year at LSU after Simmons (and the wheels fell off)... Now they have Will Wade and a stacked roster.

I am NOT saying we should keep Manning around if it means we somehow land Anthony... I'm just saying it seems really weird to not want the best player in the country to attend your school. Assuming zero roster turnover (not likely) and Manning still coaching (also not likely), I think we'd be pretty good w/ Anthony, Hoard, Brown, Mucius, Wright, & Massoud. Could probably even attract a decent grad transfer big.

Back