• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Alright well that’s the mix of players we’ve always targeted so this shouldnt be a revelation.

That's the point I was making above. You could argue that's the kind of team we have right now. It would certainly be the kind of team we'd have if not for the players that told Manning to pound sand. Getting that kind of team to Wake is so easy that a Manning could do it. Just need a capable adult to coach them.

How is it not relevant since they're senior/grad transfers ?

Because you aren't recruiting a grad transfer based on their recruiting ranking. Beard didn't just find diamond in the rough, unrated Matt Mooney. He recruited a guy who scored 18+ points in each of the two previous seasons at the college level and beat out major schools to do it.

Because you aren't recruiting a grad transfer based on their recruiting ranking. Beard didn't just find diamond in the rough, unrated Matt Mooney. He recruited a guy who scored 18+ points in each of the two previous seasons at the college level and beat out major schools to do it.

No, the point of the post (it was actually a tweet that Rafi didn't link) is that unheralded players out of high school can develop into a players who compete for a ntional championship with a competent coach.

BTW, Texas Tech is a high major school and Mooney chose Texas Tech over Northwestern and Creighton, not Duke and UNC-CH.

When evaluating grad transfer candidates, their performance in college, against college level competition should far outweigh their high school ratings. Some guys just develop more slowly than others.

Also in rare instances, some may be chronologically younger by a year (or even two) than their classmate "peers."

When evaluating grad transfer candidates, their performance in college, against college level competition should far outweigh their high school ratings. Some guys just develop more slowly than others.

Also in rare instances, some may be chronologically younger by a year (or even two) than their classmate "peers."

A lower level analogy would be judging Michael Jordan by his not making his JV team.

Landers Nolley has entered the transfer portal. Young's climb at VT just keeps getting steeper.

Where’s he going, Witchita State?

Netflix has really gone off the deep end. There are plenty of legitimate things to be upset over at this stage but the dude is just full on rage mode every post.

Netflix has really gone off the deep end. There are plenty of legitimate things to be upset over at this stage but the dude is just full on rage mode every post.

I'm not rage posting. He is really leaning Minnesota, and while a great Wichita State visit may flip him, Wake is not in this race. How does speaking the truth make my posts seem angry? The thing I don't get is why these recruits bother keeping Wake on the list when they've already eliminated them. Both 2020 guards from IMG have us on their lists, but I can tell you that speaking to them this month, neither has any intentions of coming to Wake Forest. We are on lists for 4* and 5* guys, but they aren't really considering us.

Are players still listing Wake so they can claim to care about academics?

I've been an Adam Miller fan for a while, to no surprise Wake is not being discussed: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...uard-adam-miller-leads-a-national-recruitment.

Add to that Noah Farrakhan has no interest (and one of his inner circle has a Wake Forest connection), and Jalen Cone is being recruited by Louisville better than we are recruiting him, Wake is going to end up with no top 100 PGs. Childress, CP3, Teague, Ish, CMM, Crawford, and now Danny Manning's failures have reached a point where a school with that legacy can't pull in similar guys to keep the legacy going.

I've been an Adam Miller fan for a while, to no surprise Wake is not being discussed: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...uard-adam-miller-leads-a-national-recruitment.

Add to that Noah Farrakhan has no interest (and one of his inner circle has a Wake Forest connection), and Jalen Cone is being recruited by Louisville better than we are recruiting him, Wake is going to end up with no top 100 PGs. Childress, CP3, Teague, Ish, CMM, Crawford, and now Danny Manning's failures have reached a point where a school with that legacy can't pull in similar guys to keep the legacy going.

Neath is the #1 pg in the country, bro.

Using CMM and Crawford as evidence of Wake's legacy that Manning can't continue just undermines the credibility of your entire comment.

Back