• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman commits to Wake! Sherfield visitiing!

Why recruit only one really talented big man when you can bring in three projects?

It’s a pu-pu platter of bigs for 2019!

He is a banger type (which we don't currently have) and certainly not a Gazelle. He is a big body who can shoot it a little and play physical, and Lord knows we need that, so I will wait and see how he progresses. One thing I did see is it looks like we will have to play more half court if he is in there as he doesn't exactly run like a Greyhound.

Why recruit only one really talented big man when you can bring in three projects?

It’s a pu-pu platter of bigs for 2019!

But Collins was a three star unheralded recruit and Duncan wasn’t even ranked!

But Collins was a three star unheralded recruit and Duncan wasn’t even ranked!

There has to be correlation between the posters who make the Duncan argument about every unheralded recruit for the last 9 years and those who used the same argument when lobbying for coaches like Young, Odom, Kelsey, Miller, etc. "You never know, he may be the next Coach K." I wonder if they go through their normal day doing dumb things with unlikely outcomes?

You never know, [Redacted] may be the next coach K.
You never know, a blow to my head with a hammer may turn me into a savant.
You never know!!!!

First impression of Ingraham was Travis Watson type player that could develop down the road. Hope he is not our starting power forward next season.

Since this IS the recruiting thread, I understand Tariq Ingraham is visiting Wake this weekend and I would think it likely a commitment during the visit or shortly thereafter will occur

In yo face Marist. No way will you wrest a 2 star recruit with 2 inch vertical leap from the hands of Danny Manning!

First impression of Ingraham was Travis Watson type player that could develop down the road. Hope he is not our starting power forward next season.

If he commits, that means there will be a scholly available (assuming he doesn't take the invited walk-on route). Either a transfer looming or Johnson is not getting another year. I'd love to see a Watson-like player.

If he commits, that means there will be a scholly available (assuming he doesn't take the invited walk-on route). Either a transfer looming or Johnson is not getting another year. I'd love to see a Watson-like player.

Hoard's scholarship?

Travis Watsons and Lonny Baxters are less useful than they used to be

Travis Watsons and Lonny Baxters are less useful than they used to be

Both of those guys put up better srocing and rebounding numbers than anybody on our team this past season. 14 and 9 from a 6'8" post player would be much appreciated.

Travis Watson was the #28 player in his class. Ingraham is likely not the next Travis Watson.

Back