• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

That said, last I saw on the MBB Twitter account, Tariq has signed.

That said, last I saw on the MBB Twitter account, Tariq has signed.

I still care about recruiting. There should be enough great players in the nation for Wake to snag a few each year.

Wake will never be a place that has one of those truly legendary coaches that attracts kids to the program like a magnet... so it is critical that we have assistant coaches who are well connected, solid recruiters / talent evaluators. Skip had such a great team of assistants (and admittedly, I had no idea about this back when I was in school) and now I don't know much about Danny's current staff and their abilities as recruiters. Who was the key recruiter who landed Hoard I wonder. I did see Muggsy Bouges tweeting about potentially joining the staff today though lol.

Tyrone Muggsy Bogues (@MuggsyBogues) I seen the responses and would you guy like to see me on the coaching staff @WakeForest helping out the point guards?

1178 votes as of the time I'm posting this.... 96% yes, 4% no

Last edited:
I would assume Childress would take that as an insult.

Muggsy was one of the best "control the game, run the offense" point guards.

Mugsy does not need to be brought in to this shit show. We’ve already tarnished the legacy of one great deacon...let’s end it there.

Mugsy does not need to be brought in to this shit show. We’ve already tarnished the legacy of one great deacon...let’s end it there.
Don't forget about rusty.

Also, this discussion is as ridiculous as your rehabilitation of [Redacted]'s legacy. Doral was absolutely dogshit most of his first two years, with the exception of that breakout game. The dude was out of breath after two times up and down the court, wheezing, and signalling to the bench to take him out. He also fouled like a madman.

When we did this for Collins it actually made sense because there was a future star sitting on the bench and some people saw it, but saying that about Doral is ridiculous. I suspect for some of y'all the lengths you go to to trash Manning (or whoever) are largely unconscious, but damn.

Also, this discussion is as ridiculous as your rehabilitation of [Redacted]'s legacy. Doral was absolutely dogshit most of his first two years, with the exception of that breakout game. The dude was out of breath after two times up and down the court, wheezing, and signalling to the bench to take him out. He also fouled like a madman.

When we did this for Collins it actually made sense because there was a future star sitting on the bench and some people saw it, but saying that about Doral is ridiculous. I suspect for some of y'all the lengths you go to to trash Manning (or whoever) are largely unconscious, but damn.

There were quotes from multiple players saying in the offseason before Doral's Junior year that he made a huge jump - one of the biggest they've seen a player make. There really should be no debate that Doral greatly improved.

Sarr was really starting to come on before he got injured this year. Beginning of this past year, not so much.

Technically Rusty was tarnished by the previous shitshow.

Also, none of this Doral discussion matters. Manning sucks at being a basketball coach. Doesn’t matter if he under utilized Doral or helped Doral improve to a G-league player. Manning sucks.

The trashing of moore (college kid) to protect manning (paid professional) that has completely failed at his job is incredible.

Moore scored 114 points and had 77 rebounds and 24 blocks in 213 minutes as a freshman. Can we please have a "dogshit" player like that in our freshman class next year?

He was an average freshman, a terrible sophomore, and a pretty good junior.

I don't know what the deal was with his regression sophomore year, but it really was a terrible season overall.

I still care about recruiting. There should be enough great players in the nation for Wake to snag a few each year.

Wake will never be a place that has one of those truly legendary coaches that attracts kids to the program like a magnet... so it is critical that we have assistant coaches who are well connected, solid recruiters / talent evaluators. Skip had such a great team of assistants (and admittedly, I had no idea about this back when I was in school) and now I don't know much about Danny's current staff and their abilities as recruiters. Who was the key recruiter who landed Hoard I wonder. I did see Muggsy Bouges tweeting about potentially joining the staff today though lol.

Tyrone Muggsy Bogues (@MuggsyBogues) I seen the responses and would you guy like to see me on the coaching staff @WakeForest helping out the point guards?

1178 votes as of the time I'm posting this.... 96% yes, 4% no

As the staff was recruiting Sarr they would talk to Hoard, because Jaylen would be hanging out with Sarr anyway. They've been friends for years. Hoard was a year behind Sarr at that point so the staff could not officially "recruit" Hoard yet through visitation, but because Hoard was already over at Sarr's place, it was advantageous for Wake. Because of Sarr's friendship, Wake had a leg up on everyone else by at least a year

I do know a lot of the New York recruits (where we get the majority of our kids lately, barring France of course) were because of Jamil Jones and Randolph primarily.

Moore's footwork certainly improved under Manning, and his ability to defend without fouling - but that specifically is a common learning curve across all programs. Freshmen commit more dumb fouls. Freshmen often don't go straight up when they could have to avoid the foul. Meaning, this is no great celebration of Manning.

What Moore did benefit greatly from was our strength and conditioning program. Moore, bless his heart, had trouble playing longer than 3 minute stretches for almost all of his frosh year. He just did.

The minute we lose The training Beard, we have almost nothing to offer a high school player.

Did Doral’s foot work improvement warrant a 6th year? Jesus. Manning sucks. Who cares if Doral went from a d-3 player to an Australian league bench warmer between his sophomore and junior year?

Back