• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I remember people wondering if SJM, who was an actual stiff exhibited by the 14/15 consective games he played in without scoring, had passed Moore on the depth chart. I remember opening wondering if these people had ever watched basketball games before.

Moore proceeds to lead the ACC in FG% and finish 3rd in rebounding as a junior.

No argument from me that SJM was a stiff (always), but Doral disappeared from the rotation at the end of that year.

I remember a thread where we were trying to predict who would get the most minutes out of Doral, SJM, and Sarr. And it was an actual debate.

And I'm saying that you are wrong and I am right. I am also saying that I am an idiot for ever engaging with you....But I never learn. Undepheated lives on. Peace.

Saying “I’m right and you’re wrong” is fine. That’s what good faith discussions are about. Saying “My opinion is history and your opinion is revisionist history” takes a special amount of hubris especially when it defies the facts. You were wrong then. Just because others were wrong too doesn’t make it history.

I wonder how much of Moore's production problems as a sophomore were frustration over lack of playing time. he probably figured after his freshman year that he would be a major component of the team.

RChildress was in the sjm camp LOL has that guy ever been right about anything

At the end of the day two big man who were League leaders under Manning we're not utilized extensively the year before.

Wonder who will play the most minutes out of Oguama, Coleman, and Ingraham...

Well, not really. I don’t wonder that at all.

In other news... 675+ transfers now and still zero from Wake Forest. It’s bizarre.

No argument from me that SJM was a stiff (always), but Doral disappeared from the rotation at the end of that year.

I remember a thread where we were trying to predict who would get the most minutes out of Doral, SJM, and Sarr. And it was an actual debate.

Doral didn’t “disappear.” Our shit coach didn’t play him.

He played 33 min in the last 5 regular season games and ACCT game. He had 13 pts, 10 reb on 5-10 shooting. That’s solid production.

He did not play in the First Four game.

SJM had 0 pts, 1 reb in 13 minutes in four games from that same point (Feb 14) including the First Four.

It blows my mind how people latch on to the coach’s narrative of events even if they think he’s a bad coach.

At the end of the day two big man who were League leaders under Manning we're not utilized extensively the year before.

In fairness, Dinos and Collins leaving early (and SJM getting dismissed) cleared the way for Moore to play as many minutes as he could handle after a pretty shitty sophomore year.

Doral didn’t “disappear.” Our shit coach didn’t play him.

He played 33 min in the last 5 regular season games and ACCT game. He had 13 pts, 10 reb on 5-10 shooting. That’s solid production.

He did not play in the First Four game.

SJM had 0 pts, 1 reb in 13 minutes in four games from that same point (Feb 14) including the First Four.

It blows my mind how people latch on to the coach’s narrative of events even if they think he’s a bad coach.

I feel like that’s what I meant by disappeared.

It would be like me continuing to argue even at this point. Wellman didn't sign Manning to a terrible extension. Sometimes the facts just point out to the fact that you're wrong and you have to admit it and drop the argument.

In fairness, Dinos and Collins leaving early (and SJM getting dismissed) cleared the way for Moore to play as many minutes as he could handle after a pretty shitty sophomore year.
We were a terrible defensive team and Moore was by far our best defensive player. I'm not even going to seriously argue the merits of Moore getting playing time over sjm. 1 player has NBA potential talent and the other one will never sniff getting close to the NBA

Haha.

Yeah, that’s fair.

It rustles my jimmies when we have the same dumb arguments time after time.

Let’s have some all new dumb arguments!

just having fun here, but dude...

old argument #1

New talking point! Wonder who will play the most minutes out of Oguama, Coleman, and Ingraham...

Well, not really. I don’t wonder that at all.

In other news... 675+ transfers now and still zero from Wake Forest. It’s bizarre.

old argument #3

old argument #4

Doral averaged 10 fouls per 40 minutes his sophomore year. He could’ve played a few more minutes but how much more could he have played? I recall being more in the “just play him until he fouls out every game” camp but at the same time he was committing fouls at what I suspect is close to an historic average.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman commits to Wake! Sherfield visitiing!

Doral averaged 10 fouls per 40 minutes his sophomore year. He could’ve played a few more minutes but how much more could he have played? I recall being more in the “just play him until he fouls out every game” camp but at the same time he was committing fouls at what I suspect is close to an historic average.

*does math*

20. He could have played about 20 minutes. And that would have been great. He didn’t play over 15 minutes.

Somebody is going to foul. Seems like the vast majority of teams commit 6-8 fouls in the first and 8-10 fouls in the second. Somebody is going to commit them. Why shouldn’t it be a player you don’t need to play major minutes? Also he’s a rim protector who will likely foul the worst FT shooters while attempting high percentage shots. I would imagine fouling a big near the basket is one of the best bad plays in the game.

Moore was probably frustrated only getting 8 minutes a game when he has produced in his limited playing time through 1 1/2 years and starting trying to do to much when he was in there.

*does math*

20. He could have played about 20 minutes. And that would have been great. He didn’t play over 15 minutes.

Somebody is going to foul. Seems like the vast majority of teams commit 6-8 fouls in the first and 8-10 fouls in the second. Somebody is going to commit them. Why shouldn’t it be a player you don’t need to play major minutes? Also he’s a rim protector who will likely foul the worst FT shooters while attempting high percentage shots. I would imagine fouling a big near the basket is one of the best bad plays in the game.

Yeah that’s why I included that he could’ve played a bit more. He also had a 90 offensive rating for the season that year which is pretty awful.

What was his defensive rating? That team was really missing defense.

Back