• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Next year, Danny will compete with Swarthmore, Williams and Coe College.

I suppose there's a scenario where 2020 ends up ranked ahead of Manning's first class (114) of Wilbekin (265) and Rondale (393) simply because it will have more players in it. But with our two current commits completely absent from the 247 rating system and our "ringer" Leggett, who will be ranked about like Wilbekin, still not committed, I'm not going to make any bets.

Does unranked and no stars go into the averaging equation as a 0? If so (250+0+0)/3=83...that’s a pretty good haul for Manning!

Does unranked and no stars go into the averaging equation as a 0? If so (250+0+0)/3=83...that’s a pretty good haul for Manning!
247 Sports basically has a minimum for any player (outside really unknown guys) where they'll get a 3 star rating, a recruit "point" rating of something around .85 to .86, and then will be put somewhere in the top 300 to 400.

Wake has apparently offered Joseph Venzant, a 2021 guard from Texas. Other offers from Tulsa, UTSA, UTEP, Cal State Fullerton.

Currie should cut off Manning from offering scholarships without his approval. Going to be even harder to recover from this cluster if all of our scholarships are promised to non-ACC players.

Currie should cut off Manning from offering scholarships without his approval. Going to be even harder to recover from this cluster if all of our scholarships are promised to non-ACC players.

Yes. It will be difficult for the next coach to convince these guys to leave by guaranteeing "pine time" because he will have to play some of them just to put five guys on the floor.

Wellman 2.0. Not going to happen. He's said he's here to support Danny Manning.

I'm sure we have a shot at this guy. He got 43/15 against Bronny James.

I'm sure we have a shot at this guy. He got 43/15 against Bronny James.

By the time he graduates the NBA will get rid of 1 and done. He will likely go straight to the NBA. Even if that doesn't happen, he seems like the type of player Australia or some other pro league will pay big bucks to not go to college.

By the time he graduates the NBA will get rid of 1 and done. He will likely go straight to the NBA. Even if that doesn't happen, he seems like the type of player Australia or some other pro league will pay big bucks to not go to college.

So what you’re saying is that it’s only like 50/50 that he ever wears the old gold & black?

Bummer.

His handle is insane for a 6'8, 14 yo. What was also impressive was how (in spite of being so skinny) he took hits and kept in control.

He's thinking about reclassifying.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake.

His handle is insane for a 6'8, 14 yo. What was also impressive was how (in spite of being so skinny) he took hits and kept in control.

He's thinking about reclassifying.

Not entirely germane, but when I think about how much I hate Lebron and then realize that he was similar to this kid in that he was the best forever and probably didn’t have a normal adolescence... I have more sympathy.

Not sure how you can end up as normal human being with that kind of youth.

It's like this nightmare can't get any worse and then it does again and again...

Manning seems to be forcing Currie to fire him. He’s recruiting scrubs to fulfill his contractual duty to show up and work, and making the WF program totally uncompetitive with bad players to go with his shitty coaching. It’s going to be unbearable.

Manning seems to be forcing Currie to fire him. He’s recruiting scrubs to fulfill his contractual duty to show up and work, and making the WF program totally uncompetitive with bad players to go with his shitty coaching. It’s going to be unbearable.

So Manning is George Costanza.

I guess Currie will move his office to the basement.

This is what happens when you give someone a guaranteed contract without any record of success...i.e. Wellman is a moron.

Back