• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

4060aa2037259a4ff4997619c370b02c.jpg

aa36f0c90a5acc4852381863657e4a73.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha???

Just went to see W-S Dash today 8/3/19----they drew 6,233 fans today , many more than the Manning Deacs-----sad

How high will he go in the mock draft is all that matters.

I assume this reference is in regards to Hoard. Recruiting Hoard was not the problem. He was a fine player for a freshman and will be missed.

He will likely make a nice living playing basketball and made the correct choice to continue his development elsewhere.

The real disaster will be when the rest of our competent players leave or run out of eligibility.

They are not being replaced by division 1 players.

I assume this reference is in regards to Hoard. Recruiting Hoard was not the problem. He was a fine player for a freshman and will be missed.

He will likely make a nice living playing basketball and made the correct choice to continue his development elsewhere.

The real disaster will be when the rest of our competent players leave or run out of eligibility.

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure they're being replaced by *Division Three* players.
:/

knowell brings up a good point. These 11 win seasons have come with a few players who were ACC caliber starters. We are recruiting at a lower level now, the lowest we’ve ever recruited.

I'm being sarcastic. For Wake One and Dones are a disaster. And, for me, they are one of a few reasons why I don't buy season tickets anymore.

knowell brings up a good point. These 11 win seasons have come with a few players who were ACC caliber starters. We are recruiting at a lower level now, the lowest we’ve ever recruited.

Yeah, this season’s roster isn’t horrible... But next year and the year after will be.

I know you were in favor of firing Manning after 17-18. I was not. You were probably right. But by not firing him after 18-19, the hole is even deeper.

I guess I understand Manning trying to lock up ‘20 players ASAP... It’ll only get tougher if/when we suck again this year and he’s (hopefully) a dead man walking.

Shitshow.

I'm being sarcastic. For Wake One and Dones are a disaster. And, for me, they are one of a few reasons why I don't buy season tickets anymore.

I can get your personal feelings about one-and-dones, but they are not a disaster for Wake.

Depending on one-and-dones probably is a disaster for Wake, but the occasional one-and-done supplemented by 2-4 year players are just fine and possibly ideal. Chris Paul was not bad for Wake. Not being ready for his departure was.

Had Tim Duncan stayed 1-2 years, he would not have hurt Wake Forest basketball. He would still have been a net positive.

Hoard was a net positive but lipstick and pigs and such.

Hoard was a net positive but lipstick and pigs and such.

Hoard was a net neutral for Wake at best. Players like CP3 or JC leaving early are actually great for a program, they boosted the program while here and raise the profile while lighting it up in the NBA. But, No body gives a fuck about one and dones that go undrafted and get a two-deal. It’s not like that gives us any kind of recruiting advantage in years to come and he didn’t help with our season last year either. He was probably a net negative as his commitment may have contributed to the Manning extension.

He was probably a net negative as his commitment may have contributed to the Manning extension.

I did not think of it that way. It is hard to account for the gross stupidity of the athletic department.

I was really just commenting on his play on the court and the fact that we will be replacing him with zero-star guys.

I saw Manning at my local Y asking a couple of guys if they still had eligibility left. Does RJ still play?

As far as I am aware we have only had 1 one and done player (leaving for the NBA) in the history of Wake Forest basketball.

Yeah, this season’s roster isn’t horrible... But next year and the year after will be.

Next year, we'll theoretically have seniors Chaundee and Sarr, juniors Wright and Mucius, and sophomore Massoud. Those are five nice pieces, but the problem is twofold. First, there seems to be absolutely no talent beyond those five. Second, it has yet to be seen that any of those five can be more than complementary role players.

Next year, we'll theoretically have seniors Chaundee and Sarr, juniors Wright and Mucius, and sophomore Massoud. Those are five nice pieces, but the problem is twofold. First, there seems to be absolutely no talent beyond those five. Second, it has yet to be seen that any of those five can be more than complementary role players.

Third, this coaching staff has a continuing history of having guys leave, and only 1 was for the right reason.

That feels worse than this year w/ Childress & White. Unless Neath turns out to be a lot better than his ranking.

Hopefully the problem is only twofold.

Back