• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

man has wake hoops fallen. a player who decommitted months ago to go to ECU is still the name on our recruiting thread...

Why wait? Wes Miller is available now.

There are probably multiple behind the scenes things that need to be worked out before Wake can get a new basketball coach. March-April is the season for hiring BB coaches. July is not a good time to do that. The current situation is rooted in the forced July hire of a BB coach.

There are probably multiple behind the scenes things that need to be worked out before Wake can get a new basketball coach. March-April is the season for hiring BB coaches. July is not a good time to do that. The current situation is rooted in the forced July hire of a BB coach.

The current situation is rooted in not firing Manning in March-April. I seriously doubt we will end up hiring somebody ever who wouldn’t have been available on July 29, 2019.

Wake has made the final 5 for Abayomi Iyiola. 6'9, 210 So from Stetson. Sit 1, play 2 if he does not get a waiver. Could try to get a waiver since his coach was fired.
Has Ark (where his former HC at Stetson was hired as an asst by Musselman), GT (he played HS ball in Atlanta), Rutgers and Washington St as his other finalists.

Has had 2 good seasons at Stetson. Led the team in scoring, rebounding and blocks this year. Had a 19 pt, 5 rb game in Cameron this past season.

https://twitter.com/abosticall/status/1156815880585719808

Wake has made the final 5 for Abayomi Iyiola. 6'9, 210 So from Stetson. Sit 1, play 2 if he does not get a waiver. Could try to get a waiver since his coach was fired.
Has Ark (where his former HC at Stetson was hired as an asst by Musselman), GT (he played HS ball in Atlanta), Rutgers and Washington St as his other finalists.

Has had 2 good seasons at Stetson. Led the team in scoring, rebounding and blocks this year. Had a 19 pt, 5 rb game in Cameron this past season.

https://twitter.com/abosticall/status/1156815880585719808
I doubt we land him. Arkansas is most likely.

No one says "finalist with nothing to show for it" louder than danny does.

Just got a Commitment from Jaylon Gibson - PF out of Raleigh.

Picked the Deacs over TX A&M, Cincy, Houston, Iowa, Rutgers and Providence.

Decent offer list from what I see on the various recruiting sites... But no ranking.

4060aa2037259a4ff4997619c370b02c.jpg

aa36f0c90a5acc4852381863657e4a73.jpg

We hired the former #1 HS player in the country, NCAA Champion and Final Four MVP, and #1 pick in the draft and this dude recruits straight up projects.

We certainly are not getting any big timers with Manning as our coach but I do like this kid's film, has a nice upside. Question remains to be answered as to whether Manning can help him realize his potential and the history suggests probably not. Regardless he is a Deac and I welcome him and hope he has a good career at Wake.

Back