• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

It's times like the last 8 years that amaze me we have had HOF players come to WF.

It's times like the last 8 years that amaze me we have had HOF players come to WF.

Well no hall of famers have come here after the last 8 years. We may be done as a basketball program.

Well no hall of famers have come here after the last 8 years. We may be done as a basketball program.

even without any HOF players, we've put more than our share of players in the NBA

This last page is pretty weird.

In 2017, Wake signed a top 30 player and a 4* international big man. In 2018, Wake signed a top 30 player and a top 100 player. Rivals still has Jamie Lewis as a 4*, even though I do understand (and agree) with the concern surrounding him.

I really hope y'all aren't this dramatic and envious in your personal lives. Sounds like hell.

This last page is pretty weird.

In 2017, Wake signed a top 30 player and a 4* international big man. In 2018, Wake signed a top 30 player and a top 100 player. Rivals still has Jamie Lewis as a 4*, even though I do understand (and agree) with the concern surrounding him.

I really hope y'all aren't this dramatic and envious in your personal lives. Sounds like hell.

Excellent points. The recruiting has been trending upwards. Play and record this year took a hit with the loss of an all-ACC player and a three year starter at the 4 and 5 positions. The guys who came in just aren't quite ACC ready, but have shown talent. Big men in particular seem to take some time to develop. Sarr won't turn 19 until February. Chaundee turns 20 this year.

Let's see what happens once there are more 4 and 5 star recruits on the roster than 3*.

Where would we be if Shelton Mitchell and Isaac Haas had made it to campus?

They are in strong position to land Romeo Langford as well. If they land 3 McD's in one year, the feds will be transferring their investigation from his brother in Waco over to Nashville.

I don't remember the last time Vandy had ONE McDAA. Amazing, and it shows what the right guy with the right message can do

Where would we be if Shelton Mitchell and Isaac Haas had made it to campus?

I mean, thank goodness Danny decided it was a good idea to dump Shelton for Wilbekin. That seemed like a terrible move from the start.

ETA a quote from Shelton Mitchell's very close family friend this morning (who was Mr. Basketball in Ohio back in the day): "Danny messed up in the beginning when he let Shelton Mitchell go. And that hurt Shelton deeply. Man, he was all about Wake."

Thanks Danny!

Last edited:
I mean, thank goodness Danny decided it was a good idea to dump Shelton for Wilbekin. That seemed like a terrible move from the start.

ETA a quote from Shelton Mitchell's very close family friend this morning (who was Mr. Basketball in Ohio back in the day): "Danny messed up in the beginning when he let Shelton Mitchell go. And that hurt Shelton deeply. Man, he was all about Wake."

Thanks Danny!

Danny is the most stubborn coach Wake has ever had. I have that on good faith. It's his way or the highway, until his product is on the court. Then he's cool with the players doing their on thang.

Danny is the most stubborn coach Wake has ever had. I have that on good faith. It's his way or the highway, until his product is on the court. Then he's cool with the players doing their on thang.

Does this apply to on the sidelines too? I've heard from a source that Pat Kelsey wanted out of Wake Forest because Dino wouldn't listen to his input on the sidelines because of stubbornness - even though he 10000% should've.

Does this apply to on the sidelines too? I've heard from a source that Pat Kelsey wanted out of Wake Forest because Dino wouldn't listen to his input on the sidelines because of stubbornness - even though he 10000% should've.

Yeah, Dino was a stubborn fella himself.

I'll send you a PM with a few things that happened that lead me to making that bold comment.

Stubbornness is not such a bad thing when you are right. It's a disaster when you have no idea what you are doing but are unaware of it.

Still with Bzzzzzzz

So, better players but the same record.

A coach from Wake went to watch Tre Mitchell at the Hoophall Classic. Mitchell had 19 pts., 9 rebs, 2 blks and 2 steals. Really hoping for a '19 class of Anthony Harris, Wendell Moore, and Tre Mitchell but not going to get my hopes up with anything related to Wake Forest Basketball this season.

Rivals has him as a PF (which seems like a more of a fit), 247 has him as a SF. Not sure that SF fits him very well considering his highlights show him 1) making an abundance of post moves and 2) he doesn't look overly in shape. I'm sure he'll grow some more between now and college so he could get up to 6'10 and be a good stretch 4. Ryan Horn would work wonders for this kid.

247 also has Tre at 180 pounds. As big as those shoulders and hips are, I'm guessing the last time Tre was at 180 was middle school.

The primary sign of a good leader is his ability to adapt to situations. Manning refuses to change even after the disaster that this season has become. He continues to use the same starting lineup and unreal substitution patterns.

99.9% of the coaches in college basketball start their best 5 players and play these 5 the majority of the minutes. Not this guy.

There is no way Chaundee Brown should put up with the way he has been treated this year. He maintained, or so it appeared, a good attitude and lead the team in the Boston College game. Then, in the next game against Va. Tech, Manning only gave him 19 minutes. Brown is our highest rated recruit in about 10 years and he is only getting an average of 19 minutes thru 18 games. The minutes he should be getting are going to the "small guard" ball that Manning promised would lead the team this year.

Last night, against State, Brown started both halves but only played a total of 7 minutes.

Brown's shooting percentage is equal to Childress and only slightly less than Wilbekins. His free throw percentage of 93%(13-14) is better. But, the main reason he should be getting more minutes than the two small guards is on defense. There is no way Childress and Wilbekin should ever be on the floor at the same time in the ACC.

I do not have the exact reference but Blogger So Dear had an article a few weeks back on the great job Brown was doing defensively. He deserves more time on the court.

tre mitchell passes my MIXTAPE eye test

reminds me of pj tucker

Back