• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Great. We have recruited a 28% three point shooter.

Offense has not been our biggest problem with Manning at the helm so if he can rebound play defense and take his man off the dribble, won't be much need to shoot a bunch of threes. Attacking from the wings and scoring or distributing to bigs is what a slasher should do and I am confident he will far exceed anything Washington can give us, also he is a tough kid who won't fold down the stretch. Don't want to oversell him as another AFA cause he is not but I think he can be a valuable member of a solid to good team.

Offense has not been our biggest problem with Manning at the helm so if he can rebound play defense and take his man off the dribble, won't be much need to shoot a bunch of threes. Attacking from the wings and scoring or distributing to bigs is what a slasher should do and I am confident he will far exceed anything Washington can give us, also he is a tough kid who won't fold down the stretch. Don't want to oversell him as another AFA cause he is not but I think he can be a valuable member of a solid to good team.

Does Manning even play this type of player? Manning likes shooters. Defensive slashers ride the pine in the Manning system.

Does Manning even play this type of player? Manning likes shooters. Defensive slashers ride the pine in the Manning system.

Our longer players usually can't dribble very well. Next year we have the 6'5" - 6'8" guys who can handle and attack (and two of those guys will be able to shoot at a decent clip). Can't wait to see those three hit the court (I have on idea what to expect of Lewis).

Probably the last time I actually felt in anyway good about Wake basketball. If I remember correctly, that 7 point lead was gone around the 16 min TV timeout.

Wake, like every other non-blue blood school is going to have ups and downs in recruiting. Recruits will see opportunity for early playing time and come to Wake. When early playing time doesn't seem to be there, then they go somewhere that appears to have early playing time available.

Wake, like every other non-blue blood school is going to have ups and downs in recruiting. Recruits will see opportunity for early playing time and come to Wake. When early playing time doesn't seem to be there, then they go somewhere that appears to have early playing time available.

Huh? There will be ample early playing time available at all 3 non-wing positions in 2019-20. Unless you're assuming that some combination of Childress/Sarr/Mucius are going to turn into world beaters and never leave the floor.

Back