• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Start from Day 1? Haven't we already penned in Hoard at PF?

It's wayyyyyy more a function of the types of recruits UNC goes after than Roy's coaching.

Hard imagining a scenario where Richard Washington is on the roster next year.

Washington is sitting this year with an injury. This year will be a redshirt year for him. If he transfers, he will have to sit out next year at his new school per NCAA rules. This year won't count for that transfer sit out year.

If he was leaving he should have transferred in January. Then he would have used this spring and next fall as his sit out year.

So if he transferred at the end of this year, he would be out of competitive basketball for two years and give up a year of eligibility.

So unless he graduates from Wake in May, look for him on the Wake BB team next fall.

Last edited:
nothing makes me more nervous as a wake fan than relying on freshman to start before they even set foot on campus

How about relying on one to start and beating UNC and Duke for another one and for him to start too?

Washington is sitting this year with an injury. This year will be a redshirt year for him. If he transfers, he will have to sit out next year at his new school per NCAA rules. This year won't count for that transfer sit out year.

If he was leaving he should have transferred in January. Then he would have used this spring and next fall as his sit out year.

So if he transferred at the end of this year, he would be out of competitive basketball for two years and give up a year of eligibility.

So unless he graduates from Wake in May, look for him on the Wake BB team next fall.

Washington could attend a junior college and compete next year then transfer and have two years eligibility immediately available.

So a Scout article today says EJ is on an unofficial to UNC today for their game and has unofficials to Duke and Kentucky planned for this month as well. Combining all the info given, we seem to be on the outside looking in.

So a Scout article today says EJ is on an unofficial to UNC today for their game and has unofficials to Duke and Kentucky planned for this month as well. Combining all the info given, we seem to be on the outside looking in.

Just wait until he announces his final unofficial visit. I think our staff's calendar should be pretty wide open most of March.

Just wait until he announces his final unofficial visit. I think our staff's calendar should be pretty wide open most of March.

Danny & Randolph can lock him in his house (a la Deandre Jordan) come March Madness while Woodberry goes around back and cuts the cable. Foolproof plan.

Wake very much in the mix for 2019 CG Justin Moore per article on Les’s site.

That would be a great start for a class a lot of people here are already skeptical of.

Yeah. Newsflash - we are not beating Duke, Kentucky and UNC for this kid. Next?

It's kind of strange that he initially committed to Auburn if what he really wanted was to play at a blue blood program.

I think his de-commitment excuse of Auburn being investigated was really just a nice way of saying, "I've blown up and can play anywhere I want now."

Whatever the reason, yeah, it doesn't look promising.

I think his de-commitment excuse of Auburn being investigated was really just a nice way of saying, "I've blown up and can play anywhere I want now."

Whatever the reason, yeah, it doesn't look promising.

Isn't Auburn ranked the highest of all the teams that are recruiting him?

Nice article by Les on Jaylen. He is coming this summer and expects to play the 3 and 4. Sounds like a great addition.

Back