• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Grad transfers are overrated. WF would've been better (if not this year, definitely in the future) without TT as his absence would've forced Manning to use and develop Mitchell, Chaundee and even Melo more. Unless you get the rare commodity that fills a specific need, grad transfers can hurt more than they help. WF plays in the ACC; very unusual to find a player from mid to low level school that can contribute on this level AND who wants to leave his current school. Unless WF has massive defections (which may happen), don't want grad transfers. Let the youth play and develop.

I agree with this to some extent (especially in regards to TT), but there are also really good grad transfers that greatly improve their team. Increasing the level of play in practice also helps develop the younger players, it's just that the fans don't always see it as it's happening. Allerik Freeman is an example of a grad transfer greatly helping an ACC team. Damion Lee is another recent example. Austin Arians was a good addition for us last year. Good grad transfers are out there and not that uncommon now.

Yeah because people have definitely made the argument that Kenpom is relevant to recruiting.

The mere mention of Kenpom is like the RChill bat signal. That said, what the hell else is he going to point to as he recruits 2019? Season records? Big wins? Tournament wins? Leads at halftime?

The mere mention of Kenpom is like the RChill bat signal. That said, what the hell else is he going to point to as he recruits 2019? Season records? Big wins? Tournament wins? Leads at halftime?

@DoveMenCare

Maybe even leads going into the last 8 minutes!

Manning better grab a sharp shooting grad transfer.

Mark Smith, deadeye god-like sharpshooter. Notable grad transfers with decent hs rankings - Quadri Moore - Stretch 4 (Cincinnati), and Tre Campbell - PG (Georgetown)

Non Grad Transfers of note: Jalek Felton (UNC)(Funny since they got a Pitt transfer right away. Not happening though because he allegedly was in trouble for sexual assault), Zack Dawson (OK State), sure more will pop up.

If you’re a decent grad transfer, why in the world would you choose to come to Wake and play for DM?

I'm sure I'll get crushed for this but I think Sarr is going to be a really good player for us. He's got all the tools, just needs more strength and, quite frankly, more confidence.

I'm sure I'll get crushed for this but I think Sarr is going to be a really good player for us. He's got all the tools, just needs more strength and, quite frankly, more confidence.

LOL. I think most of us feel that way.

Back