• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Thanks for showing what you were comparing. I generally get what you're saying, but I think a well-produced piece by the Duke media relations department vs. a brief inside look at practice from me is sort of comparing apples to oranges.

I get that you weren't going out of you way to knock me, but instead targeting the Wake coaching staff - so I'm really not taking it personally. I just think it's a poor comparison. The coaches aren't mic'd up, but there's certainly instruction taking place.

Some other observations you made are certainly valid, and one could argue that to be competitive in the recruiting marketplace the Deacs should do some of these same things.

It seems the "Deacon Hoops" Twitter account seemingly created the other day was a small step in the right direction.

Yeah that account was created really recently and is definitely a step. Wake football (along with, id imagine, almost every P5 team that exists) has a specific Wake football recruiting page that has some pretty cool content. We have definitely been lacking there but hopefully it’s being remedied with this new account.

Is there a well-produced piece of Wake media comparable to the Duke one?

Just focus on Football and stop beating your head against the wall. We will either be improved and Manning will stay or we will suck and he will be gone. That is it. Football is looking great

Yeah that account was created really recently and is definitely a step. Wake football (along with, id imagine, almost every P5 team that exists) has a specific Wake football recruiting page that has some pretty cool content. We have definitely been lacking there but hopefully it’s being remedied with this new account.

Wow...

Not arguing with you because I'm sure there are definitely things different about how Coach K approaches practice vs. Danny. There's a reason why he's a hall of famer and leads a top 5 all time program.

But, you're also comparing a produced content piece that has been edited with multiple cuts vs. a one camera candid approach. I imagine our guys do a lot of similar drills that you're not seeing.

That said, our program has been a dumpster fire recently so no doubt deserving of criticism until they prove otherwise.

Not arguing with you because I'm sure there are definitely things different about how Coach K approaches practice vs. Danny. There's a reason why he's a hall of famer and leads a top 5 all time program.

But, you're also comparing a produced content piece that has been edited with multiple cuts vs. a one camera candid approach. I imagine our guys do a lot of similar drills that you're not seeing.

That said, our program has been a dumpster fire recently so no doubt deserving of criticism until they prove otherwise.

65 McDonald’s All-Americans vs 4 is the difference, not some shooting drill. Geez.

Struggling academically, previous ECU commit and ranked 400+...hard pass.

It's basically mid-July, and all I know about 2019 recruiting is like 3 guys we're gonna finish in 2nd (or 3rd or 4th or 5th) place for.

Was he originally a 2018 prospect?

He is a 2018 prospect. If you dive into him more, you will see he was 2017. Based on him going to liberty heights, I would suspect he is a post grad. If you watch the film on him, he does not look like he would be a scholarship player at wake.

WTF is up with that school ? The website has a video of SouthPark mall. No brick and mortar address.

Back