• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Coming from a terrible guy (Strick) who repeatedly justifies the use of NAZI Crystal Nacht propaganda to attack Jews, I could care less what he asserts.

Yet, anyone who even agrees 1/1000th of 1% with Strick's position that RJ is a "hypocite" is a FOOL.

That's great. Can we get back to lamenting what a train wreck recruiting appears to be?

That's not what I said. What I said is that we are in no position to take advantage of a Duke decline. We aren't positioned with a proven coach and formula. We spent the Odom/Skip/Dino years just outside and looking in at Duke/UNC/Maryland at the top of the ACC. We were in a position to possibly make the jump if any of them had declined. The current ACC has some elite teams with aging coaches and/or NCAA problems. There's potential for a large void at the top of the ACC as long-time hall-of-fame coaches start retiring. If we were in a healthy spot, we might be able to take advantage of that, but we have a LOT of work to do in order to even get back to that tier just below the elites.

Agree completely about not being in a position to take advantage of Duke’s decline, but we haven’t been in that position in a long time. We have one season in the top third of the ACC since Chris Paul left (which includes five years of Skip/Dino); all the others have equally sucked.

Whoever it is, we will be immediately assured by the sunshine brigade of his savior status.

I'm still waiting on the Grim Threeper to turn up and make us good again.

On the positive side, if he's not ranked, you don't know for sure that he's not a 5 star!

Honest question but does anyone still do this?

The 2016 season would’ve been a success if Manning would’ve built off of it. He did not, for multiple reasons. 2016 isolated, with no progression afterward, is not s success. I considered it a success based on thinking we would remain steady/improve and recruit well. We did not improve and we will likely not have a 2019 class that would continue improvement.

It’s not Manning’s fault that his assistant coach killed someone in New York. No one could have predicted that. Given the extenuating circumstances Manning gets a few more years.

Based on how 2019 recruiting is going, the team that would fill that void could be Louisville with Chris Mack and Dino Guadio coming to town to laugh at us.

Can I just cry now and get it over with? Was hoping Louisville would take a dive for a few years. :tear:

Yeah, Evan Daniels made a prediction to VT this morning. Seems like that's where it's gonna be.

Hasn't that been the case for several months? We took a shot and missed.

Creamy, weren’t you saying this time last year that Anthony Harris was “in the bag” for us as Crawford’s successor? If so, was that vibes or from a source? What happened with this recruitment?

Creamy, weren’t you saying this time last year that Anthony Harris was “in the bag” for us as Crawford’s successor? If so, was that vibes or from a source? What happened with this recruitment?

That's a long time ago...remember these are 16-18 yo kids.

We could have used him. Something went wrong.

Yeah, it was a source, admittedly.

The fact we sucked balls last season and our coach killed someone was the icing on the cake that sent him elsewhere. I’ve shamed you all.:tear:

Jalen Lecque is announcing at 10 am.

Back