• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I'm undecided on Neath's mixtape

He looks really slow

Yeah, it's a tough one. I think I need to see some game film instead of quick cuts.

He looks pretty explosive at times getting to the rim... But other times, not so much.

Seems like the competition also varies wildly in that mixtape.

I don't think he sucks, but I'm not sure how good he is.

Kind of painful to watch these no defense sort of games, but he clearly has athleticism and can play above the rim. Looks to have a good handle, easily gets to rim, and finishes with either hand pretty smoothly. Certainly has had some exposure so makes one wonder why not ranked/recruited heavily? Is it lateral quickness? Mediocre outside shot? The fact that putting up close to 30ppg is meaningful, even if rec league opponents (ie better than putting up 8ppg against poor competition). Kind of hope he commits....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-ACTwkj5U

I'm undecided on Neath's mixtape

He looks really slow

Yeah I would say this is my concern as well. His frame is thick. That might not be a bad thing if he is able to chisel it up but he plays like a 6’6” wing not a 6’2” point.

Tough to tell on highlights but that is my main concern in the little I have watched.

Ody and Neath, guaranteed to keep Wake Forest #historically competitive. Historically competitive shall now be defined as the bottom 25% of the ACC. This program needs another billboard.

From the mixtape, Neath looks like he has spring in his jump. Size looks good. Muscular frame looks like he is well above 172 pounds as listed and can put on weight with ease.

But must be a reason he isn't ranked and that Tulane/UCF are our competition.

From the mixtape, Neath looks like he has spring in his jump. Size looks good. Muscular frame looks like he is well above 172 pounds as listed and can put on weight with ease.

I've heard there are concerns that Trump's travel ban will begin to block NCAA athletes from Canada.

Am i the only one that thinks neath is not that great a jumper? in the video posted it appears he is reaching when he dunks. his head is nowhere close to rim, and he has very long arms.

this kid and oby will be starters on the worst team in acc history...just give it time

Am i the only one that thinks neath is not that great a jumper? in the video posted it appears he is reaching when he dunks. his head is nowhere close to rim, and he has very long arms.

this kid and oby will be starters on the worst team in acc history...just give it time

Sometimes he dunks without effort... Other times it is a struggle.

No idea why. Could be situational. Could be some of those clips are older. Could be some of those tourneys were played on 9.5' rims.

No idea why. Could be situational. Could be some of those clips are older. Could be some of those tourneys were played on 9.5' rims.

Its his weight imo. You see that with larger frames. He needs to drop 10 pounds and his game would transform IMO. It isn't that he is fat or chunky, clearly he is in pretty good shape, he just needs to lean his muscle up a bit. That can easily happen in college.

Its his weight imo. You see that with larger frames. He needs to drop 10 pounds and his game would transform IMO. It isn't that he is fat or chunky, clearly he is in pretty good shape, he just needs to lean his muscle up a bit. That can easily happen in college.

Need rj to opine on his potential to get taller.

Are his growth plates still open?

Need rj to opine on his potential to get taller.

Are his growth plates still open?

Maybe he's just really tired and worn down after playing (very limited minutes) for the National Team?

High Five to ATS for marrying a teenager !

JvU10.gif

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - 2019 PF Ody Oguama commits to Wake!

Don’t girls stop growing around age 13-14? That’s gross man.

bfd074dbee8a19804d2c71361f2dfe46.gif

In the clip where he's mic'd up the whole time they talk about how he had knee issues and isn't 100% or even close to it. Definitely looked like he was slow off the ground compared to older videos.

He also talks a ton of shit while losing, and then gets slapped in the face for it which was pretty funny. Lots of one-handed dunks like he can really palm the ball well. Reminds me of a more athletic Shelton Mitchell - little chunky, broken'ish shot, effective at the high school level but will likely struggle for a while at the college level. He's got some 2-handed alley-oop dunks and some putbacks over big guys - looks like at 100% health and in better shape he can be pretty explosive. Could see him as one of those players who is very effective as a junior/senior, which in today's game means he'll suffer a year somewhere, transfer, then be good.

Back