• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

No

The crux of my argument is that when most of a basketball team goes into the transfer portal, they’re probably in the portal for basketball reasons, not academic ones

Sure, but that doesn't mean that said player isn't looking to maintain a high-caliber education. Just because he, and most of the team, are in the transfer portal doesn't mean that he no longer cares about academics. If academics were a factor coming out of high school, they're likely still important when it comes to what school he'll graduate from.

I'm really liking new-ish 2020 offer Coleman Hawkins. Josh Hall is my favorite combo forward prospect in 2020, but Coleman Hawkins is a nice underrated player that has similar potential to become a big time player in college.

Was there ever any resolution on whether Cone is going to be in the 2019 or 2020 class? If he stays in the 2020 class it would appear to be somewhat strange timing to commit to VT with a brand new coach.

He isn't on an official visit to VT. I read the date wrong on another tweet. Cone is expected to reclassify to the 2019 class today.

He isn't on an official visit to VT. I read the date wrong on another tweet. Cone is expected to reclassify to the 2019 class today.

Got it. Timing makes sense to announce he’s reclassifying.

This is one of the obvious windows for reclassifying. If he is going to be a 2019 recruit, he needs to graduate this spring or at least be close enough as the regular school year ends to finish up in summer school.

Would be huge if Wake can land Cone. Would have a solid PG for the next few years. That being said, I think we are behind both Vtech and Tennessee on this one.

I think the biggest thing that helps Wake with Jalen is that he has a young daughter and staying at home would allow him to be near her.

I think the biggest thing that helps Wake with Jalen is that he has a young daughter and staying at home would allow him to be near her.

BC is in his top 6. So is Tennessee.

Jalen Cone will join 2019 class

Top 6:

Virginia Tech
Tennesee
Texas A&M
Wake Forest
NC State
Boston College

Looks like we'll finish a respectable 4th for the home town kid.

The reclassification makes me think we have a zero percent chance here.

Hope he goes somewhere outside the ACC.

Back