• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

IIRC, when the head coach is "relieved of his responsibilities", incoming recruits can ask for a release from their LoI. If the NCAA passes the one time transfer/no red shirt rule as anticipated, everyone on the roster will have an opportunity to leave and play elsewhere immediately. The first order of business for the new coach will be to retain players currently on the roster and secure the commitments of incoming recruits. Things could change dramatically, for the better or the worse. Nothing would surprise me. Time will tell.

the new rule is a huge opportunity for a new coach. You could completely makeover your roster in one off season.

Only recruit worth holding onto. Maybe the new coach gets him back on the fold? Depends on whether he liked Wake or just Manning.

Last edited:

Only recruit worth holding onto. Maybe the new coach gets him back on the fold? Depends on whether he liked Wake or just Manning.

He was the only verbal commit for fall 2021 entry to Wake. Wish he had waited longer to decommit, but I am sure his commitment was, in significant part, a commitment to Danny Manning. It's now Chill's job to keep him interested enough in Wake so that the next coach has a decent shot at reeling him back in if that is desired.

Unfortunate, but not unexpected.
While, sure, he was on the top percentile of Manning recruits... he was a Manning recruit.
It's a loss, but on further consideration, I think it's better to let the new coach have the full amount 2021 scholarships to work with for himself.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Bailey/Gibson/Adams - 2k21 - Trey James

How the fuck could someone be so committed to Danny Manning as a coach?

James may have seen the new coach not wanting him and getting more offers. By turning down an ACC school, he might get looks from mid-majors that he wasn't getting earlier.

Like surgery, there will be some pain before things heal.
This won’t be a quick fix, but, hopefully, we’re on the road to recovery.

Guarantee that a ton of schools are making soft contact with Watson right now.

Does this imply that Wake has released all the signees headed to Wake in 2020 from their LOI's?

I agree. It could give the new coach a slot to get a transfer who has experience and can play.

Back