• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big time pickup for the staff, if there was AAU ball he would be top 100 and 4 star.

I agree with Bigboy that he'd be top-100 if AAU.

It's my understanding he was top priority for Forbes and I have no reason not to trust Forbes' eye for talent. Now, we need to land either Weston/Whitt, or both! And get a big wing or a true C/PF.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us take 5 in this class. 4 if we get Javian Davis, the transfer from Bama. Davis would fill a void for a couple of years and has proven he can compete at the P5 level. In fact, outside of Butler and maybe Gak, I don't know if we're involved in too many big men and there's no reason to take a flyer on a 2021 project big with Opkomo, Ody, Ingraham and (hopefully) Davis. That's why I think a class of McCray, Whitt, Weston and VDH would be money.

That first class would give you a PG, CG, SF and I believe VDH can play the 3 or 4 but would be an excellent stretch 4.

But yeah, if we don't get Davis then I could see us taking 5 in 2021 and focusing all of our attention on a productive big man 6'9+ with some weight on him to round out the class. I know there are a couple of international bigs out there still too.

It seems like Weston and Whitt are our top two targets now. How do people feel about our chances with them?

But yeah, if we don't get Davis then I could see us taking 5 in 2021 and focusing all of our attention on a productive big man 6'9+ with some weight on him to round out the class. I know there are a couple of international bigs out there still too.

Is Davis eligible to play this season?

It seems like Weston and Whitt are our top two targets now. How do people feel about our chances with them?

Whitt and Weston were the only Wake recruits listed "warm" on 247 when Forbes was hired. Whitt has family connections to Wake. The staff survived a misunderstanding with Weston when Marcus Watson was released from his LOI and are considered as a probable along with Illinois. In my opinion, we are in a stronger position with both Whitt and Weston than we were before Forbes was hired.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us take 5 in this class. 4 if we get Javian Davis, the transfer from Bama. Davis would fill a void for a couple of years and has proven he can compete at the P5 level. In fact, outside of Butler and maybe Gak, I don't know if we're involved in too many big men and there's no reason to take a flyer on a 2021 project big with Opkomo, Ody, Ingraham and (hopefully) Davis. That's why I think a class of McCray, Whitt, Weston and VDH would be money.

That first class would give you a PG, CG, SF and I believe VDH can play the 3 or 4 but would be an excellent stretch 4.

Don't we only have 4 spots available for 20/21? Not saying that another 1 or 2 won't open up before then (esp w/ so many players on the roster not recruited by the current HC)

Having a point guard that likes to dish the rock instead of chuck it up first will be a nice change from Crawford and Childress eras. Looks like he likes to penetrate the defense then dish it out after the defense collapses on him. Will be much more fun to watch than just passing around the perimeter and hoisting up a desperation 3

I’m hearing Miss State is the leader for Javian Davis.

Makes sense. He's from Miss. and already opted for an SEC program once. With no inside knowledge, I'd look to Xavier and Georgetown as the biggest threats, but both are big changes from Alabama.

But, hopefully Forbes can make a good pitch and get him on board.

Makes sense. He's from Miss. and already opted for an SEC program once. With no inside knowledge, I'd look to Xavier and Georgetown as the biggest threats, but both are big changes from Alabama.

Wake, Xavier, and Georgetown have a lot in common or at least are very different from MSU. It seems to be the outlier.

i have heard this is a 2 man race with Wake and MSU

Wake, Xavier, and Georgetown have a lot in common or at least are very different from MSU. It seems to be the outlier.

Kinda feels like Wake is a nice middle ground between Georgetown/Xavier and MSU/Alabama.

Kinda feels like Wake is a nice middle ground between Georgetown/Xavier and MSU/Alabama.

I think you are talking overall experience. Basketball wise, it should look like this (should):

Xavier
WFU close #2
Georgetown (they've been fading for years)
Alabama
MSU

How come post #1 is redacted? That's my favorite post on the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back