• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we offered him or did you just want to bring him to attention?

He was one of the first offers the new staff made. BJ McKie is our lead recruiter for him I believe. The offer is linked back near the beginning of the thread.

Another thought about taking an etsu kid is the understanding he'll have of how the staff works and set the example or be the glue that brings old and new together.

If this shot is accurate, the kid is shooting his jumper lefty but taking it in for a dunk righty. That's kind of unusual...but good...

The Italian kid, Brizzi, did the same thing. Wild skillz.

I think this staff might actually have a thing for lefties.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k21 – Wake makes McClung Top-7 and Williamson Top-2

NM, back to recruiting.

Last edited:
Is it really? have you ever worked with or seen people with severe phobias? I don't care if you don't like my comment....

How does your small mind interpret hydrophobia? Do lipids not behave irrationally terrified enough for you to consider them hydrophobic?

The Italian kid, Brizzi, did the same thing. Wild skillz.

I think this staff might actually have a thing for lefties.

I've never understood why righties don't cover lefties that well. Given their strong side will be facing the left-handed offensive player. But lefties do seem to have an advantage.

I've never understood why righties don't cover lefties that well. Given their strong side will be facing the left-handed offensive player. But lefties do seem to have an advantage.

Because all players are so used to covering the right due to the lopsided percentage that are right-handed. Even when you practice it and are assigned to the lefty, in the split second instinct of the moment, you flush to the right in recovering D and by then, he's already gone left and bye bye....

I understand that that there are more reps against righties, but very few people are really "amphibious". I'm not complaining. It made my games easier.

Justin Smith would be a good addition to the team. A solid defender, decent rebounder and hits 50% of his field goals. Put him in a three man rotation with Mucius and Massoud at forward. Has experience winning at a program that demands it.

Williamson looked to have some quickness and speed to his game. He can shoot. Would be an upgrade off the bench at either guard position and would push the starters. Two years experience playing for Forbes is a major plus in the locker room. He has learned how to win. He can help to see the difference between the forest and the trees when the coach ramps up the intensity. Gritty, grimy, tough and together won't be a cake walk in practice. The only player on the current roster with a winning background is Wilkins.

Justin Smith would be a good addition to the team. A solid defender, decent rebounder and hits 50% of his field goals. Put him in a three man rotation with Mucius and Massoud at forward. Has experience winning at a program that demands it.

Williamson looked to have some quickness and speed to his game. He can shoot. Would be an upgrade off the bench at either guard position and would push the starters. Two years experience playing for Forbes is a major plus in the locker room. He has learned how to win. He can help to see the difference between the forest and the trees when the coach ramps up the intensity. Gritty, grimy, tough and together won't be a cake walk in practice. The only player on the current roster with a winning background is Wilkins.

Tough guys who can shoot, and have a winning background. Not sure why would not want Williamson.

Sign him.

Enough. Please. This thread is about Wake Forest basketball recruiting. I'm not sure where the mods are, but overt racism should not be tolerated in this community in any way, shape, or form.

Please do not post on this thread unless you are posting about Wake Forest basketball recruiting. Thank you.

Thanks Strick, totally agree. Every thread seems to turn into a pi$$ing match with some posters regardless of the subject.

Good Lord, another thread off the rails. Relax people.

Edit: nvm, I was on the last page and see we are back to recruiting discussion...

Last edited:
Want this kid bad. His tape is better than Whitts. He looks like the real deal.

There is pretty good competition for his services. Villanova is very interested. Pretty wide range of schools, on the basketball side (Loyola of MD, Navy, Wake, Villanova) and geography (Howard, Georgetown, George Washington, California, Pepperdine). Lots of good academic schools (Yale, Columbia, Wake, Georgetown, Villanova).

He looks like a guy who would fit what Jay Wright does at Nova well. Hope that's not the case. He would be a great get for anybody.

If this shot is accurate, the kid is shooting his jumper lefty but taking it in for a dunk righty. That's kind of unusual...but good...

That was my MO! Dribbled and shot lefty! Layups and attempted dunks were righty! in my hayday, jumping Jay could of course tomahawk a tennis ball and scrape a volleyball down for an [unimpressive] dunk. All righty. In fact, I shot righty terribly until I broke my right wrist only to learn than I was a lefty shooter. Before that, I shot righty and dribbled lefty.

To this day, it is all backasswards as I play all racquet sports lefty but write righty. I am therefore, amphibious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back