• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a "you can't fire me because I quit" situation where something happened behind the scenes that made him playing for WF unlikely but by asking for his release he's able to frame it that he is the one making the decision.

I read it as the staff allowing him to save face, but who knows.

This sounds like a "you can't fire me because I quit" situation where something happened behind the scenes that made him playing for WF unlikely but by asking for his release he's able to frame it that he is the one making the decision.

Yeah, nobody is really to report it, but I think it was a qualification issue and that both sides decided it would be best for him to move on. I think he'll probably end up at a JC/CC, but we'll see him again in two years. Kid can ball, so I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere and I'm sure/hope Forbes had some good advice to share given his own experiences at that level.

Dang. deacon22 has been on top of this. Need Mac and Daivien now, I guess, and also at least one of those two or Wilkins to get a waiver. Dang. Still gonna send out some Gary Burton vibes to the Forbesverse in the hopes that they resonate sweetly in some of these kids' heads.

Whitt is my backup to Brizzi and think Brizzi is a bit of a reach, so I'm still down with Whitt. But I have liked what I've seen from a lot of these kids.

I also have no idea what I'm talking about.

22 is on the up-and-up as a #sauce.

I doubt we will ever know the reasons behind Watson's decision. The fact that two point guards (McClung and Williamson) are considering Wake as transfers may be a consideration.

It just needs to be repeated again, that Danny Manning's last recruiting class, after 6 years on the job, is (I guess was is the better verb tense) one of the worst recruiting classes in the history of the school and 3 of the 4 will never play a single second of basketball for Wake Forest. One of them couldn't even qualify academically. Had we kept Manning, we would have been in the basement forever with the likes of guys he was recruiting. Just a terrible, absolute failure in every possible sense, recruiting class.

As I said before, Manning had not reached the bottom- he was still digging.

So at this point, for next year’s roster, we’ve got

1: Neath
2: DuBose, Antonio, Adams
3: massoud
4: mucius
5: ody, ingraham

And then could potentially be using up three scholarships on guys who won’t play next season. Even with a good grad transfer or two, I hope everyone is appropriately calibrating their expectations for the year ahead.

I just want them to play hard and smart for a coach who gives them a chance to win.

That it took this long makes one think there was an issue about something.

Yeah. Manning was fired like a month ago. No way he just now decided to look elsewhere.

Sunday will be back. I know he's not on scholarship (at least not now) but he will get minutes.

So at this point, for next year’s roster, we’ve got

1: Neath
2: DuBose, Antonio, Adams
3: massoud
4: mucius
5: ody, ingraham

And then could potentially be using up three scholarships on guys who won’t play next season. Even with a good grad transfer or two, I hope everyone is appropriately calibrating their expectations for the year ahead.

I don’t give a shit if we trot out 6 players like they did in Hoosiers, just as long as DFL isn’t coaching. Bring it on! Go Forbes!

Where is the fuck you Danny Manning thread? Fucking hate that guy. Arrogant shit stain of a coach whose residue continues to butt fuck the program.

I think that our staff loves him a good deal. Why?

Chupe, love your vibes, man. Let's go!

Thanks for adding that thought. It just seemed that the bulk of the conversations had no further mentions of Whitt, just dropped totally away for a while. A bit later did mention again. He looked good to me and I like his BG.

Not that Weston was going to come anyways, especially now that Watson is gone, but on Twitter Ben Sutton pretty much just guaranteed that he is not coming to Wake.

It just needs to be repeated again, that Danny Manning's last recruiting class, after 6 years on the job, is (I guess was is the better verb tense) one of the worst recruiting classes in the history of the school and 3 of the 4 will never play a single second of basketball for Wake Forest. One of them couldn't even qualify academically. Had we kept Manning, we would have been in the basement forever with the likes of guys he was recruiting. Just a terrible, absolute failure in every possible sense, recruiting class.
Damn solid observation. His recruiting was in the toilet.
I think the bullet we've dodged with that class is going to be one we'll likely never realize it's full fatality. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back