• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot overstate how poorly coached we were under Manning. They were 0-3 regarding Forbes’ mantra “Play hard, play smart, play together”.

The roster, as it stands today with 9 scholarship players available would be staring at 2-18 under Manning. With Forbes I bet they win at least 8 conference games. Coaching matters in a big way.

I'm not convinced Johnson is good, but glad that people who know about things are glad that he's here

Johnson has good defensive metrics. He had a good block and steal rate for the Vols. Offensively, he seems limited as he scored in double figures only twice all season for TN. That said, his shooting percentages were solid: 85% from the line (only 20 attempts), 52% from 2 and 32% from 3. According to KP stats, Johnson had the 2nd highest offensive rating on the team (107 overall/113 in SEC games), but he was 6th in minutes played (2 starts in 31 games).

Would be nice to land a grad transfer big/center, but might not happen. Real priority is landing a Fab 5 in 2021. I'd like to see Brizzi, Mohammed, VDH, Edwards, and the Wiz.

I kinda think it would be fun to say fuck it, play d’antonio small ball and shoot 40 3’s a game.

Currently, WF has committed ships to 11 players (height and weight from last year's roster):

PG - 6-3 200 Neath (So)
PG - 6-2 165 - Williamson (Jr - may have to sit out 20-21)
PG/SG - 6-3 170 - Adams (Fr)
SG - 6-4 210 - Dubose (Gr. Sr)
SG/SF - 6-4 225 - Wilkins (Jr - may have to sit out 20-21)
SG/SF - 6-5 180 - Antonio (Gr. Sr)
SF/SG- 6-6 196 - Johnson (Gr. Sr)
SF - 6-8 195 - Mucius (Jr)
SF/PF - 6-8 200 - Massoud (So)
PF/C - 6-9 250 - Ingraham (RS Fr.)
PF/C - 6-9 205 - Oguama (So.)

Also, walk-ons Myles Lester and maybe Okeke if he is healthy.
Would be nice to get another big, but for awhile, it looked WF might be playing walk-ons in key minutes, and headed for an 8-24 (1-19) type of season. Expect the team to be a pain in the arse to play against, and pull a couple of upsets. Should be fun.

If no more 2020 players come in, WF has five available ships for 2021.

-

Would be nice to land a grad transfer big/center, but might not happen. Real priority is landing a Fab 5 in 2021. I'd like to see Brizzi, Mohammed, VDH, Edwards, and the Wiz.

TITCR, tho i also like the left handed kid from SC and Whitt (aka the Steve Nash of North Raleigh)

I don’t see Mucius or Massoud playing SF if we had to play with current roster. Ody and Tariq would play center and Mucius and Massoud would spend time at the 4. I could see Massoud getting some time at SF, but the majority of the time he’ll playing as a small ball 4. Danny never played Massoud at the 3, and that was a big mistake imo.

Wilkins and Johnson will play small forward, Dubose/Antonio will be the shooting guards, with Neath and Quad at the point (I don’t see Williamson being playable).

That’s how I see things being managed in terms of PT at each position. Now if we add a power forward and a ACC caliber center, I’d imagine Ismael and Isaiah could play a lot more at the 3, and I think that would better suit Ish offensively and defensively.

I don’t see Mucius or Massoud playing SF if we had to play with current roster. Ody and Tariq would play center and Mucius and Massoud would spend time at the 4. I could see Massoud getting some time at SF, but the majority of the time he’ll playing as a small ball 4. Danny never played Massoud at the 3, and that was a big mistake imo.

Wilkins and Johnson will play small forward, Dubose/Antonio will be the shooting guards, with Neath and Quad at the point (I don’t see Williamson being playable).

That’s how I see things being managed in terms of PT at each position. Now if we add a power forward and a ACC caliber center, I’d imagine Ismael and Isaiah could play a lot more at the 3, and I think that would better suit Ish offensively and defensively.

I was with you until the Williamson line. If he’s eligible, he’ll be one of the more valuable players on the team. Certainly more than a lightly recruited freshman at this point.

PF/C - 6-9 205 - Oguama (So.)
This guy needs to hit the buffet line hard and often. I know he's young but jeez.

You cannot overstate how poorly coached we were under Manning. They were 0-3 regarding Forbes’ mantra “Play hard, play smart, play together”.

The roster, as it stands today with 9 scholarship players available would be staring at 2-18 under Manning. With Forbes I bet they win at least 8 conference games. Coaching matters in a big way.

DFL'S coaching style: "Play soft, play dumb.... play with yourself." :dumb:
#coachingmatters

Eric Musselman at Arkansas is providing a nice roadmap for what we could do here...

They were't terrible w/ Mike Anderson, and didn't really improve much in Year 1 w/ Musselman - from 54 to 47 in KP; 20-12 (7-11).

But after having the #157 class in '19 (tough to recruit that late in the game), he's put together the #7 ranked '20 class (4 4-star recruits - #44, 59, 78, 107) and added 3 grad transfers (Justin Smith, Jalen Tate, and Vance Jackson).

Should be good this season in Year 2 and even better in Year 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back