• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2021 ESPN Top 100 was updated today. The following players are shown as offered by Wake Forest on Strickland33"s list.

Aminu Mohammed - SG - 5* and ranked #10.
Malaki Branham - SF - 4* and ranked #27
DaRon Holmes II - PF - 4* and ranked #45
John Butler - C - 4* and ranked #47
Alex Fudge - SF - 4* and ranked #57
Jordan Hawkins - SC - 4* and ranked #60
Trey Kaufman - PF - 4* and ranked #72
Brandon Weston - SF - 4* and ranked #79
Roosevelt Wheeler - C - 4* and ranked #82
Carter Whitt - PG - 4* and ranked #86
D'Marco Dunn - SG - 4* and ranked #87
Akoldah Dak - C - 4# and ranked #95

Last edited:
The 2021 ESPN Top 100 was updated today. The following players are shown as offered by Wake Forest on Strickland33"s list and/or by ESPN.

Langston Love - SG - 4* and ranked #22
Trey Patterson - SF - 4* and ranked #26
Dallan Coleman - SG - 4* and ranked #33
Chance Moore - SF - 4* and ranked #43

Do HS players who want to go straight to the G League announce that stuff in advance? Or do almost all great HS players still go through the recruiting process with colleges?

The 2021 ESPN Top 100 was updated today. The following players are shown as offered by Wake Forest on Strickland33"s list and/or by ESPN.

Some of these guys like Langston Love and Trey Patterson were Manning offers who already cut their lists and removed Wake. Some others, like Dallan Coleman, were also Manning offers, who have not cut their list but have also not been recruited by the new staff.

This is the first time in many years there is a legitimate buzz around our basketball program outside of our own fanbase.

Recruiting in the time of COVID will be interesting to watch. How many of these guys are holdovers primarily interested in the prior staff vs. new guys interested in the new regime? How many of the prior are bridged to the later bc of Childress, legit interest in the school, etc.?

If nothing else, you can tell Forbes will demand his teams compete each and every offensive and defensive possession. He owns expectations.
And that is something people (including recruits) want to be associated with. Whether the program rises to the level of pesky, difficult opponent for the true "elites" vs. a program to be reckoned with annually as a legit contender for titles remains to be seen. But the trajectory is definitely UP.

Do HS players who want to go straight to the G League announce that stuff in advance? Or do almost all great HS players still go through the recruiting process with colleges?

Several have from the Class of 2020. It may be a bit early for the 2021 guys.

Mmm I’m optimistic too but until we actually land someone we’re haven’t really moved the needle from DFL.

This is the first time in many years there is a legitimate buzz around our basketball program outside of our own fanbase.

Recruiting in the time of COVID will be interesting to watch. How many of these guys are holdovers primarily interested in the prior staff vs. new guys interested in the new regime? How many of the prior are bridged to the later bc of Childress, legit interest in the school, etc.?

If nothing else, you can tell Forbes will demand his teams compete each and every offensive and defensive possession. He owns expectations.
And that is something people (including recruits) want to be associated with. Whether the program rises to the level of pesky, difficult opponent for the true "elites" vs. a program to be reckoned with annually as a legit contender for titles remains to be seen. But the trajectory is definitely UP.

Mmm I’m optimistic too but until we actually land someone we’re haven’t really moved the needle from DFL.

Whoa, there HC. I believe we have already come a LOOOOOOOOOONG way from Coach DFL. Our transfers are already better than his. Can you say Torry or Ikena or Terrence? It has been 41 days. Recruits will follow.

Whoa, there HC. I believe we have already come a LOOOOOOOOOONG way from Coach DFL. Our transfers are already better than his. Can you say Torry or Ikena or Terrence? It has been 41 days. Recruits will follow.

like i said i'm optimistic, but you go back in this thread and see the millions of top-100 guys we've offered over the past decade. and look i like the transfers and trust Forbes but two of the guys didn't get a lot of PT last year on "ok" teams. i am choosing to slowly sip my koolaid versus chugging it down. :)

Some of these guys like Langston Love and Trey Patterson were Manning offers who already cut their lists and removed Wake. Some others, like Dallan Coleman, were also Manning offers, who have not cut their list but have also not been recruited by the new staff.

I realize some are dated. I decided to indicate the two sources for the listing and leave the elimination of recruits to the coaching staff, player or reader.

Oh good grief - now we have the grand kids of players I remember from "back in my day"?

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer and I'm very excited about the buzz Forbes has brought to the program. I also realize that he was placed in a terrible situation recruiting wise but is it LOWF to be excited about a three year transfer who averaged 3 points a game?

We need bodies for the upcoming season. Taking a live body for one year is OK.

Wake Forest has 22 recruits ranked in the updated Rivals Top 150 for 2021.

Aminu Mohammed at #13.
DeRon Holmes at #30.
Malaki Brahnam at #35
Alex Fudge at #37.
Roosevelt Wheeler at #39.
Jordan Hawkins at #50.
Carter Whitt at #63.
John Butler at #64.
Brandon Weston at #76.
D'Marco Dunn at #78.
Shane Dezonie at #81.
Trey Kaufman at #83.
John Camden at #84.
Josh Farmer at #109.
Josh Beadle at #110.
Gabe Wiznitzer at #112.
Angello Brizzi at #118.
Lucas Taylor at #132.
Jordan Riley at #140.
Robert McCray at #135.
Cesare Edwards at #145.
Sam Ayomide at #146.

Strickland33 on page one is the source for this list.

Last edited:

TITCR

I am only including players that Forbes has offered or engaged with via Zoom in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back