• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this dude is on the first page who I hadn't heard of before, got curious when I saw his profile, but then I went to look more and he just announced he is going to Towson. Makhtar Gueye. Oh well.

Last edited:
Saw this dude is on the first page who I hadn't heard of before, got curious when I saw his profile, but then I went to look more and he just announced he is going to Towson. Makhtar Gueye. Oh well.

Wake and VT were his best offers this year. His stats tell the story.

That first sentence...Woof...Should’ve gotten someone to proofread.

All I know is that Makhtars actually have not worked out well for Wake in the past...

Any Justyn Mutts updates? Found this during my own search. I hate tech, we've gotta beat them out if we really want him

Someone posted earlier that they heard we hadn't got much traction with him, which is a bummer.

Last edited:

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer and I'm very excited about the buzz Forbes has brought to the program. I also realize that he was placed in a terrible situation recruiting wise but is it LOWF to be excited about a three year transfer who averaged 3 points a game?

I guess you are talking about Johnson. You do realize that our 4 ONLY returning players averaged 7.3, 5.3, 4.8 and 2.9 ppg on a horrible Coach DFL team, right? I'll be happy to add a guy from UT's 17-14, 9-9 bubble team to the roster who averaged 6ppg in his 4 games against ranked SEC teams including UT's victory over top 10 UK.

Last edited:

any idea which assistant?

https://basketballrecruiting.n.riva...nga-mulls-options-brandon-lieb-commits-on-tap

One name that wasn’t included in last week’s Evans Seven that could reclassify into the 2020 class later this summer is Brandon Lieb. A 7-footer from the state of Illinois, Lieb is the trendiest prospect in the sport right now and for good reason.
I watched his highlights over the weekend and I have to say, I was heavily impressed. He is not just some plodding big man that can’t move or score outside of five-feet from the basket. Sure, he is at his best near the goal and is a reliable drop off scorer or weakside putback finisher. However, he can convert over either shoulder in the post, runs the floor with a purpose and can hit difficult pick-and-pop or trail jumpers to the perimeter.

Slated to take a prep year in the fall, it is going to be difficult for Lieb to stick to his original plans after the tsunami of interest that has come his way. Offers are in hand from Bucknell, Illinois State, Toledo and Tulsa, while a number of others including Indiana, Iowa, Oklahoma, Penn State, Providence, and Seton Hall have also begun to express interest with the thought of potentially redshirting him this year.

Does Lieb make the leap and decide to enroll this fall, or does he take a prep year and see who else might enter the picture thanks to an extra year of exposure? Options are not in short supply for someone that could be the final piece to someone’s roster for the upcoming season.

Could be of interest to Forbes.

I guess you are talking about Johnson. You do realize that our 4 ONLY returning players averaged 7.3, 5.3, 4.8 and 2.9 ppg on a horrible Coach DFL team, right? I'll be happy to add a guy from UT's 17-14, 9-9 bubble team to the roster who averaged 6ppg in his 4 games against ranked SEC teams including UT's victory over top 10 UK.

I think Deac65 is just trying to put things in perspective. I'm totally pumped about the Forbes hire, but the 2020-21 season will be a challenge. Does anyone out there have an idea of how Tariq Ingraham is doing? He had surgery in late October, and I'm certain he had better post-op care than 99% of folks who have surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon. If he's healthy, he'll have an opportunity to contribute right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back