• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a tough go of it next year, but the pall has been lifted. Glad to be back. My broken spirit has mended.

Hoping to resume trips to The Dash for some Demon Deacon basketball.

Leib's offer list is meh but he did get an offer from Oklahoma a couple days ago.

The more I marinate on Lieb, the more I think he's exactly the type of player that Forbes is NOT interested in. It's debatable if he's an ACC level player... And it's likely that he's not a guy that could earn significant minutes in Year 1. Not worth tying up the scholarship.

The more I marinate on Lieb, the more I think he's exactly the type of player that Forbes is NOT interested in. It's debatable if he's an ACC level player... And it's likely that he's not a guy that could earn significant minutes in Year 1. Not worth tying up the scholarship.

I don't know if it is much of a debate. He's 7 feet tall, catches lobs in traffic, dunks in traffic, hits the corner 3, hits the 3 from the top of the key, has lefty and righty baby hook shots, blocks shots on D, runs the floor well, has an offer from Oklahoma, and has Kevin Willard, Ed Cooley, Fran McCaffery, and Archie Miller looking at him. Definitely needs to hit the weight room, but Forbes says he is bringing the top S&C guy with him who Texas and Stanford tried to hire. He might not be a instant impact guy, but he can play in any P5 conference.

Last edited:
As far as tying up scholarships go, I tend to operate under a "use them all, they will work themselves out" philosophy, that works 100% of the time most of the time. Sometimes, anyway.

As far as tying up scholarships go, I tend to operate under a "use them all, they will work themselves out" philosophy, that works 100% of the time most of the time. Sometimes, anyway.

I agree with this. You can’t teach size and a 7 footer is worth the risk. Even if he is only helping on the scout team in practice. At worst he is a free 5 fouls.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k21 – Jalen Johnson commits! Staff is doing work, y'all!

I don't know if it is much of a debate. He's 7 feet tall, catches lobs in traffic, dunks in traffic, hits the corner 3, hits the 3 from the top of the key, has lefty and righty baby hook shots, blocks shots on D, runs the floor well, has an offer from Oklahoma, and has Kevin Willard, Ed Cooley, Fran McCaffery, and Archie Miller looking at him. Definitely needs to hit the weight room, but Forbes says he is bringing the top S&C guy with him who Texas and Stanford tried to hire. He might not be a instant impact guy, but he can play in any P5 conference.

You know more than I do about recruiting, but when I poked around on other boards where Lieb’s name has been thrown around, most think he needs a redshirt year and isn’t an immediate contributor. If that’s the case, I don’t think he’s a fit.

I’ve also read that it’s more Lieb looking to reclassify because there is more interest than there might otherwise be given it is late in the cycle and teams (like us) have slots.

I played with two 6’11” guys in high school. We had a good team (for a large upstate NY program, at least). They looked great against shitty competition. One ended up at Stonybrook and the other in D2. I’m sure Lieb is better than both... I’m just saying that I didn’t see a ton of competition in that video. I do think he has a good looking shot... But we need help underneath on the boards (and defense).

ESPN ranks Jordan Butler #21 in the 2023 class and John Butler #47 in the 2021 class.

Last edited:
You know more than I do about recruiting, but when I poked around on other boards where Lieb’s name has been thrown around, most think he needs a redshirt year and isn’t an immediate contributor. If that’s the case, I don’t think he’s a fit.

I’ve also read that it’s more Lieb looking to reclassify because there is more interest than there might otherwise be given it is late in the cycle and teams (like us) have slots.

I played with two 6’11” guys in high school. We had a good team (for a large upstate NY program, at least). They looked great against shitty competition. One ended up at Stonybrook and the other in D2. I’m sure Lieb is better than both... I’m just saying that I didn’t see a ton of competition in that video. I do think he has a good looking shot... But we need help underneath on the boards (and defense).

You're right, his competition sucks and his production could've been better. I see him as a Sarr type prospect. Needs to add 30-40lbs of good weight, and if all goes well by year 3 he's a solid player. I'm probably reaching because there are just not many good 2020 big options period.

Ty Walker, Andre Washington, Daniel Green - all 7 footers who couldn't play in the ACC. I need to see something more than height.

The myth of Daniel Green continues. I thought he was like 6-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back