• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if there is a P6 program with an uglier immediate past than us, it's probably Nebraska. 2-18 in conference and 7-25 overall last year. Yikes!
Honestly, has Nebraska honestly had any real success since the brief period with Tyrone Lue? (Hopefully that's how he spells his name)
I'm being serious here, have they?

Honestly, has Nebraska honestly had any real success since the brief period with Tyrone Lue? (Hopefully that's how he spells his name)

They made a tourney in 13-14 with Tim Miles and their highly-tatted Texas Tech transfer Terran Petteway. He left early for the draft (undrafted) and they never really did anything else.

Either you are for us or against us. There is no middle ground. If Sarr and Brown choose to turn their backs on their teammates and their university in spite of the fact we exchanged a clearly incompetent coach for an extremely promising one then don’t let the door hit you. It’s not being petty. It’s reality.
Amen.
Fuck em. They made their choices, they aren't Deacs anymore.
Who cares where they go.

They made a tourney in 13-14 with Tim Miles and their highly-tatted Texas Tech transfer Terran Petteway. He left early for the draft (undrafted) and they never really did anything else.
Ah. I did forget about Tim Miles...
Whatever happened to him? Besides being fired? Corn poisoning? Lol

Wasn't one of their coaches (Danny Nee?) rumored to be in the hunt for our job when we hired Prosser?

Nebraska doesn't produce much in-state talent, isn't even the best basketball program in said state (thanks Creighton), and Nebraska is flanked by four states that have school(s) with a stronger basketball tradition (Kansas, Missouri, Iowa/Iowa State, and Minnesota) so they struggle to get looks from more talented recruits from out of the state. They've only made the tournament once in the last twenty years (2014), have a combined three conference championships since 1940 (2 regular season, 1 tournament), and outside of 91-94, have never made the tournament in consecutive years. If Hoiberg didn't have family in the area (and if Nebraska didn't just throw money at him), there's no way he should have taken that job - if Hoiberg makes them relevant, he will most likely be getting a bigger and better job immediately.

Last edited:
Wasn't one of their coaches (Danny Nee?) rumored to be in the hunt for our job when we hired Prosser?

Nee went 59-134 from 1999-2006 at Nebraska, Robert Morris, and Duquesne - I'd say that Wake dodged a bullet there

This entire page contains really critical information regarding Wake Forest's basketball recruiting under new coach Steve Forbes.

When will we know for sure if Gabe Wiz is reclassing? Do we know already? Sorry if I missed that.

Don't remember Nee in the convo, remember the weird Dr. from New Hampshire or Maine being a wild card, but maybe that was a different search.

Theoretically going to Michigan makes sense. It's the Big 10. Juwan Howard has about as many high level NBA ties as anyone in the country. However, when the season ended they were in ninth place and not going to The Dance which is Chaundee's #1 priority. Add to this, Michigan's leading scorer is a swing SG/SF who is returning. Their #4 scorer was a frosh SG. They also signed a Top 75 SG. It looks like Chaundee would have to share minutes there.

Theoretically going to Michigan makes sense. It's the Big 10. Juwan Howard has about as many high level NBA ties as anyone in the country. However, when the season ended they were in ninth place and not going to The Dance which is Chaundee's #1 priority. Add to this, Michigan's leading scorer is a swing SG/SF who is returning. Their #4 scorer was a frosh SG. They also signed a Top 75 SG. It looks like Chaundee would have to share minutes there.

I hate to be petty but how cool would it be for CB to go to Michigan (or wherever) and miss the tourney while we somehow miraculously sneak in?

Wiznitzer is staying in 2021

Seems like this has the potential to play into our favor as Wiznitzer's been pretty consistent in his comments a couple of times about wanting to see campuses before making a decision. We got into this late so staying in '21 gives the new staff time to build a relationship, and hopefully get him on our campus / in our facilities that we know sell well.

Brown is even less likely to get a waiver to play this year. He transferred before we fired our coach. Will likely be a 2 for 1 deal which may limit his options. I'm sure he'll argue that he knew Manning was getting canned....

Brown is even less likely to get a waiver to play this year. He transferred before we fired our coach. Will likely be a 2 for 1 deal which may limit his options. I'm sure he'll argue that he knew Manning was getting canned....

What about the "The fans were all against us" waiver rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back